Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help setting up Respironics Bipap AutoSV Advanced System One
Help setting up Respironics Bipap AutoSV Advanced System One
I bought one on Ebay managing to be quicker than the algothirm.  It has 8k blower hours and I paid 400 w/ humidifier.  I hope this is a good deal.  Anyhow I can't get it to stop.  One my System One Apap I press down on Therapy and when I take the mask off down again and it stops.  This one continues to blow pressure, when I disconnect the mains power it keeps beeping and the alarm button lights up. 

I can get into the setup menu but I couldn't figure out how to turn this behaviour off.  It came with a wireless module that I removed.  As I don't want the cellphone radiation that close to my body.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help setting up Respironics Bipap AutoSV Advanced System One
I have a picture of the machine and the wireless module but can't post it due to being a new member.
Post Reply Post Reply
Links are limited for new members, but attachments are not. As long as the image is less than 1-MB you can use the attachment feature to show the image. The BiPAP Auto SV has multiple generations, so this could be a M-Series, System One 50 or 60 series or a Dreamstation. Kowing what you are working with and the settings makes a difference.

Your membership level will promote with your next 4th post, so don't be discouraged. Also, be sure to ask for the setup manual for your machine. https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Attachments added.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a Philips Respironics System One 60 Series BiPAP Auto SV Advanced DS960H. There are minimal changes in the newer Dreamstation series. You can access the setup menu by scrolling the menu to Setup, then holding down the control knob and ramp button at the same time. You should check that the Auto On feature is ON. Also be sure the Patient Disconnect and Apnea Alarms are OFF. The control knob should work to start and stop therapy as with your other machine.

What therapy settings are you using? Your profile indicates you are using OSCAR. If you have any therapy charts, they will include settings that may help us to know how your machine is setup and if there are any opportunities to optimize. If you are interested, there is a reasonably priced kit to upgrade the lid, power supply and tube to provide a heated tube.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got the heated tube on my respironics sys one autopap.  I'm prescribed 14.  The last sleep dr I saw in 2016 told me to set the auto to 12-20.  Of course since the machine 'doesn't see anything wrong' the pressure stays at 12 all night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 08:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You should check that the Auto On feature is ON. Also be sure the Patient Disconnect and Apnea Alarms are OFF.

Patient disconnect alarm and apnea alarm don't have a on/off setting only 0-60.  I will try zero.  I set auto on to ON and I set the alarm values to 0.  The machine still will not stop blowing air.  It blows air at the main therapy/biflex/info/setup screen.  I can take a video and upload that if it would help.

OK it appears I have to HOLD DOWN on the main knob for it turn off.  It did turn off this time.  Weird.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the Auto SV, what mode and pressure are you using? This is not a simple BiPAP but has a CPAP mode. It is usually used for treating central and complex apnea. What led you to purchase an adaptive servo ventilator?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't had bipap titration and bought it because I'm desperate and I can not put my entire life on hold until jan 15th for my next sleep dr appointment.  Who will most likely tell me 'everything is fine' (hint it isn't).  Attached is the face of a very well rested human /s.
Post Reply Post Reply
A Dreamstation has both auto off and auto on make sure both are set to on for it to turn off auto magically
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 154 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,064 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,232 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,185 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.