Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help setting up Respironics Bipap AutoSV Advanced System One
RE: Help setting up Respironics Bipap AutoSV Advanced System One
(12-11-2019, 08:54 PM)SorryIamNormal Wrote: I haven't had bipap titration and bought it because I'm desperate and I can not put my entire life on hold until jan 15th for my next sleep dr appointment.  Who will most likely tell me 'everything is fine' (hint it isn't).  Attached is the face of a very well rested human /s.

Unfortunately, you got the wrong machine.  The ones you should look out for are the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto and Philips Respironics BiPAP Auto (700 series, not 900 series).  The machine you purchased in auto SV mode delivers a low, auto-adjusting exhale pressure (EPAP), and an adaptive variable inhale pressure (IPAP).  The exhale pressure holds the airway patent, prevent obstructive apnea, while the inhale pressure varies, with the objective of maintaining a tidal volume target and a minimum respiration rate.  This helps people with central apnea and other insufficient respiratory problems avoid central apnea, hypopnea and periodic breathing.  These machines have a backup rate to maintain the respiration rate, even when the patient makes no spontaneous effort.  If your breathing pauses, the machine will self-trigger IPAP pressure and will apply enough pressure to cause a breath and this pressure support may be as much as 15 cm H2O above exhale pressure depending on settings.  So settings are very important.  The machine has a CPAP mode, but that won't provide any therapeutic benefit over your auto CPAP.

The BiPAP Auto or Aircurve 10 Vauto, use a minimum EPAP to avoid obstructive apnea, and fixed pressure support during inhale to help make respiration easier, increase tidal volume and avoid hypopnea and flow limitation.  These machines do not have a backup rate and rely on spontaneous breathing.  Here is a thread by a member that recently started using a bilevel to replace his CPAP. This is what you want http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...curve-auto FWIW, I think any Resmed machine (Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset CPAP) is superior to a Philips machine in comfort and efficacy.

Your BiPAP Auto SV is a very specialized machine, but it is also a very expensive machine, so you should be able to recover in resale what you put into it.  The regular bilevels are half the price of the ASV new, and are generally less expensive used.  Your 8000 hour machine is a bit on the high side of use, but I'm sure once you understand what this machine is, you won't have a problem selling it online.  Meanwhile, check Offerup online marketplace for Resmed Vauto, I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

If, in spite of knowing that this is the wrong machine you want to pursue a setup of the Auto SV that will cause it to operate in a limited range to address some of the issues you raised in your other thread, I will give you some settings and tell you why they may or may not work. I just want you to know this machine is not intended to work with predominately obstructive sleep apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thank you for your very detailed evaluation.  The machine has a slight smell to it like air freshener.  I am concerned that even with the settings changed if I quickly press the center knob the pressure stays on back on the main menu.  I have to hold down the knob and it will stop. 

I'm debating on either trying to return it on ebay, filing an item not described, and or checking the resale value.  I'm just so tired.

Should I sell on Offerup?  How about secondwind cpap?  Maybe there are other options I don't know about.

There is one listing on offerup for a Resmed Aircurve 10 V Auto Bipap machine for 500 but no blower hours disclosed.

Ok I searched wrong.  I put in ' Resmed Vauto' and found a NEW one!

OH NO.  I think I just bought a machine that was local pickup only.  Oh no.  Now I don't know what to do.  I'm so tired.  I make mistakes like this.... Please help me!

-I got my money back.  It's going to have to wait until tomorrow and  hopefully my brain will work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Secondwind will not buy or sell a machine with this many hours. We did not suggest buying this machine and what you do with the machine is not my concern, but there are a number of online marketplaces where you can clearly find a buyer. Based on your experiment in the other thread with the first night of use, the machine appears to be working as designed. For the right person, it should provide good therapy. Remember the Apnea Board rules prohibit using your account on the forum to sell, so please don't cross that bridge.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
DreamStation models different from the ASV model do indeed have an Auto Off setting.  The ASV model does not.
Otherwise a significantly long central apnea would shut the machine off.  BTW, I have had many that lasted more than 6 minutes - long enough for any Auto Off feature to be activated.
Post Reply Post Reply
you're not saying you've had many 6 minute long central apnea? how are you still alive & breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,398 8 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 131 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 275 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 154 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 116 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 386 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 521 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.