Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help [trying to understand data]
RE: Help [trying to understand data]
I was planning on borrowing a computer but that didn't work out. I didn't realize there was no card in the machine for the first few days but I believe I have the last 2 or three nights on the sd card now. As I understand it I can copy the entire contents of the sd card and email them. this is usually a problem because there is so much data on the card but I'm thinking it shouldn't be that bad with only a couple of nights. Since I have been unable to get sleepyhead would any members be interested in importing my data? Maybe I can try the tech subforum.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2018, 07:03 PM)TheMacGyver Wrote: I was planning on borrowing a computer but that didn't work out. I didn't realize there was no card in the machine for the first few days but I believe I have the last 2 or three nights on the sd card now. As I understand it I can copy the entire contents of the sd card and email them. this is usually a problem because there is so much data on the card but I'm thinking it shouldn't be that bad with only a couple of nights. Since I have been unable to get sleepyhead would any members be interested in importing my data? Maybe I can try the tech subforum.

I don't mind looking at your data. PM me and we can exchange e-mail addresses if you want to go ahead. Google WeTransfer. It is a free and good way to transfer large files.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help
(04-15-2018, 05:58 PM)Ron AKA Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 04:17 PM)TheMacGyver Wrote: Thank you guys for all the replies. I just don’t use a computer anymore and the one I have is over 15 years old and can’t be updated due to the ancient processor lol. I will get my sleep study results tomorrow from the doctor and borrow someone’s laptop long enough to get you guys some data. You guys are helping me already. I just need to calm down and take it a step at a time.

Yes, you need to find out where you stand with apnea before you even think about another machine. If you get detailed results the most important factor will be the ratio of central apnea to obstructive apnea. 

You may have a form of Complex Sleep Apnea. Here is an article about it, that I hope meets forum rules to post. But, it would premature to jump to that conclusion until you get more verification of your results.
[/url]
[url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945285/]Complex Sleep Apnea Syndrome

FWIW I just read this article. Very good read and quite informative IMO. Got a nice balance of detail without going over the comprehension of users here. Thanks...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought so too. This board and its members is so full of knowledge. I"ve learned so much from everyone about what is a very complicated and frustrating condition. I could have never gotten this much information and experience from my doctor alone and this forum is a valuable resource. Everyones willingness to help is priceless. I've read through that link a few times. thx Ron.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m at work but I wanted to quickly give another public thank you to Ron. He took the time to import my data to sleepyhead and make some screenshots for me which I will post when I get time this afternoon. The data looks pretty bad and my sleep is about as jacked up as I’ve seen on here, but now I know why I’ve been so tired in the mornings lol. I also plan to call my doc today and fill him in. I should have more info in a few hours, you guys are awesome.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job Ron!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
He's becoming a regular Shaun Cassidy "Da Doo Ron Ron"!

Too-funny
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are a few shots. It looks pretty messed up to me, lol. I showed my doc today and he said its over his head and referred me to the sleep medicine office. What do you guys think? anyone had/seen any similar data?

And then there were a few normal sections...probably the only sleep I actually get.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
stricken from record...
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like classic central or complex apnea. This is surprisingly common, but yours is a particularly severe case. You will do better with fixed pressure at 6.0 and turn off EPR. It won't be a cure, but will hold you over until you get the ASV you need.

Dave the pattern is not Cheyne-Stokes Respiration. MacGyver will require a heart evaluation to ensure he is not in the risk group for reduced left ventricular ejection fraction (less than 45%), but barring that, the need is pretty obvious.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 124 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 125 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 339 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 1,093 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 280 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14
  Help to understand results, please Olis001 5 455 11-30-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Please help me understand why therapy is not showing results Paradox97 22 1,655 10-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Paradox97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.