Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help [trying to understand data]
RE: Help [trying to understand data]
Thanks Sleeprider, I actually turned EPR off last night after I noticed the double pressure lines, forgot it was on, ahi still same this morn. I will lower the pressure tonight and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 08:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks like classic central or complex apnea.  This is surprisingly common, but yours is a particularly severe case.  You will do better with fixed pressure at 6.0 and turn off EPR. It won't be a cure, but will hold you over until you get the ASV you need.

Dave the pattern is not Cheyne-Stokes Respiration.  MacGyver will require a heart evaluation to ensure he is not in the risk group for reduced left ventricular ejection fraction  (less than 45%), but barring that, the need is pretty obvious.

Copy and thanks for the correction.

That's the same echo imaging test I did then.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty bummed that it wasnt obstructive and now I have to spend more time and money before I get any relief but Im thankful that we are on the right track now as to why Ive had so many crazy symptoms. Ive been like this for months now so Im getting pretty used to it, whats a little while longer?! Learning about whats going on and reading others' advice and experiences has helped me a lot so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed ASV like I've been on for several months now would work amazing things for you. Once qualified that is. Mine pretty much eliminates all apneas every night. Will include a recent chart to show my typical...

[attachment=5407]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave, thats very encouraging. I have been like this for so long that I dont even remember what "normal" feels like, so any machine that can allow me to actually get sleep will be a godsend. I have a very physical job and a very active lifestyle so having that energy back will be amazing. Not sure how I've kept going so long.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quite welcome. Like other xPap machines, it will take dialing the right numbers, but once you've got them nailed down, it's going to get you on the right track. Just note like other apnea therapy, it can take a little time before you start feeling better. Just know it's going to get better. Good evening & best wishes that you'll get on the ASV road ASAP.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 08:39 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The ResMed ASV like I've been on for several months now would work amazing things for you. Once qualified that is. Mine pretty much eliminates all apneas every night. Will include a recent chart to show my typical...

Dave, if you would update your Sleepyhead program to the newer version 1.0.0 Beta 2 you would resolve a lot of weird artifacts in those charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
did the switch over to 1.0.0 Beta 2

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
One question, sleeprider had mentioned earlier that I may do better at a fixed pressure of 6 which I will try tonight. Thats pretty low, and I'm wondering since obstructives were never an issue to begin with if the cpap is even helping me at all? I wonder if it might be best if i didn't use it at all? What would you guys do? if its not helping me i'll just wait for a machine that will.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 09:51 PM)TheMacGyver Wrote: One question, sleeprider had mentioned earlier that I may do better at a fixed pressure of 6 which I will try tonight. Thats pretty low, and I'm wondering since obstructives were never an issue to begin with if the cpap is even helping me at all? I wonder if it might be best if i didn't use it at all? What would you guys do? if its not helping me i'll just wait for a machine that will.

I think I would try the fixed 6 cm to see what it does. It may be better than nothing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 132 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 135 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 353 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 1,108 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 284 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14
  Help to understand results, please Olis001 5 469 11-30-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Please help me understand why therapy is not showing results Paradox97 22 1,667 10-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Paradox97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.