Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help understanding DATA
RE: Help understanding DATA
As I originally said, the minimum pressure needs to increase to at least your median pressure. That is about 9.5, so we can compromise and go with OpalRose's recommendation of 9.0, and even 8.0 could work. With your low minimum pressure, the machine is responding quickly during OA to resolve the problem, but it drops back quickly and a new OA results. So you are having a ping-pong pressure and lots of events. I don't think that would work for me, but this is YOUR comfort.

Interesting to note that you don't have much in the way of flow limitation. As a result, the machine does not get advance warnings of OA events. This makes it even more important that your minimum pressure be within an effective therapy range. Other than that, your leak rate is very acceptable, you are getting good time in therapy and things look pretty simple in that you have straight obstructive apnea that should respond to a bit higher and more constant pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2016, 10:22 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: As I originally said, the minimum pressure needs to increase to at least your median pressure. That is about 9.5, so we can compromise and go with OpalRose's recommendation of 9.0, and even 8.0 could work. With your low minimum pressure, the machine is responding quickly during OA to resolve the problem, but it drops back quickly and a new OA results. So you are having a ping-pong pressure and lots of events. I don't think that would work for me, but this is YOUR comfort.

Interesting to note that you don't have much in the way of flow limitation. As a result, the machine does not get advance warnings of OA events. This makes it even more important that your minimum pressure be within an effective therapy range. Other than that, your leak rate is very acceptable, you are getting good time in therapy and things look pretty simple in that you have straight obstructive apnea that should respond to a bit higher and more constant pressure.

Thanks for you feedback. I bumped my min pressure to 9, I'll let you know how it goes tonight. As far as the ping pong effect on my OA, I don't think it works for me either. The fact that I might be having lots of events, even with the therapy, is disturbing.

What about ramp? I bumped it to 6 to see how it goes...
Post Reply Post Reply
Ramp is a comfort feature. As long as the duration is relatively short, it is fine to use to get adjusted to the higher pressure. I think you will find 6 at ramp to be more comfortable. Eventually you may find you don't need it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2016, 10:44 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ramp is a comfort feature. As long as the duration is relatively short, it is fine to use to get adjusted to the higher pressure. I think you will find 6 at ramp to be more comfortable. Eventually you may find you don't need it.

Cool. What about 13 as max pressure limit?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your chart showed that 13 is about where the auto is taking you, The auto will not take you higher than where it thinks you should be. I have my auto set to the highest pressure.
The issue is if it goes higher than you can tollerate and you stop using. You can always turn it down if need be.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2016, 10:48 AM)dcampo Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 10:44 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ramp is a comfort feature. As long as the duration is relatively short, it is fine to use to get adjusted to the higher pressure. I think you will find 6 at ramp to be more comfortable. Eventually you may find you don't need it.

Cool. What about 13 as max pressure limit?

What I have seen is that with the minimum pressure set correctly, the machine will not go as high. I think 13 could be fine. Let's start there and see how things look.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2016, 11:10 AM)bonjour Wrote: Your chart showed that 13 is about where the auto is taking you, The auto will not take you higher than where it thinks you should be. I have my auto set to the highest pressure.
The issue is if it goes higher than you can tollerate and you stop using. You can always turn it down if need be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but auto stays within the limits defined. In this specific case it was set between 6-13, so no matter what it won't go over 13, even it its set on auto.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2016, 11:56 AM)dcampo Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but auto stays within the limits defined. In this specific case it was set between 6-13, so no matter what it won't go over 13, even it its set on auto.

You are correct.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct.

But if YOU set it to 6-20, based on your charts it likely would not go much over 13 anyway. No where near 20.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys, this is last night's report. I changed min pressure to 9 as recommended and bumped max to 15.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 152 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Understanding OSCAR data BaldZoomer 3 210 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,928 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 591 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 889 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 382 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 898 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.