Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help understanding DATA
RE: Help understanding DATA
Thanks for all the good energy and advice. I'll keep posting and on my journey and i'll definitely take you advice ^^
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2016, 10:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: dcampo, you need to increase your minimum pressure to 6.0, and probably higher later. With a median pressure around 8.5, I think eventually your minimum pressure will be around 8. I would not worry about maximum pressure at this point.

The links in my signature explain how to organize and post a Sleepyhead daily details screenshot. I think it would be more useful if your future attachments or linked images included the charts as show in the Organize link. You are going to need over 4 posts to be able to link images, so keep talking.

You're off to a good start, but I don't think it's too early to increase the minimum pressure. Good luck and welcome.

Thanks for the advice and the guides on posting info. I'll try to post my first as soon as I reach the 4 post limit ^^ Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks in advance ^^
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2016, 10:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: dcampo, you need to increase your minimum pressure to 6.0, and probably higher later. With a median pressure around 8.5, I think eventually your minimum pressure will be around 8. I would not worry about maximum pressure at this point.

The links in my signature explain how to organize and post a Sleepyhead daily details screenshot. I think it would be more useful if your future attachments or linked images included the charts as show in the Organize link. You are going to need over 4 posts to be able to link images, so keep talking.

You're off to a good start, but I don't think it's too early to increase the minimum pressure. Good luck and welcome.

Hey Sleeprider! Its been over 10 days and I seem to be doing better. Here is last nights screenshot.

[attachment=3063]

Could you help me interpret the data? Thanks

Thanks,

Diego

PD: I took a small nap at 6:00 PM Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
dcampo,
Its clear that your minimum pressure is too low to combat the obstructives.
With a 95% pressure of 12cm, your minimum pressure should be around 9 or 10.

I would start to inch up the minimum pressure slowly until you reach 9cm or see the obstructives lessening.

Also, it looks like you are using a ramp to start at 4. This should be raised as it will be too far away from your minimum start pressure. If you need ramp, start it around 6.

Good luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2016, 09:13 AM)OpalRose Wrote: dcampo,
Its clear that your minimum pressure is too low to combat the obstructives.
With a 95% pressure of 12cm, your minimum pressure should be around 9 or 10.

I would start to inch up the minimum pressure slowly until you reach 9cm or see the obstructives lessening.

Also, it looks like you are using a ramp to start at 4. This should be raised as it will be too far away from your minimum start pressure. If you need ramp, start it around 6.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, i'll give it a shot! I'll let you know how it goes..

Post Reply Post Reply
dccampo,
My 2 cents worth:
1. Get off the ramp
2. Increase your minimum pressure, like Opal says.
3. Since your hitting your maximum pressure occasionally, try bumping it to 15. It's better to have it and not need it.

Sleep-well
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2016, 09:24 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: dccampo,
My 2 cents worth:
1. Get off the ramp
2. Increase your minimum pressure, like Opal says.
3. Since your hitting your maximum pressure occasionally, try bumping it to 15. It's better to have it and not need it.

Sleep-well

Why should I get off ramp?
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO Ramp is a comfort setting, use it if it helps you.

Time on ramp is time not at therapeutic pressure, but likely it is awake time so it really doesn't matter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my logic: The best that I can tell you have your ramp is set for about 5 minutes. You don't seem to fully relax until about 40 minutes after you start therapy, at which time the pressure has climbed substantially. This means that the ramp feature isn't providing any help and could cause a "shock" from the sudden pressure increase when it ends prolonging the onset of sleep.

This is just an observation on my part and I don't have any factual data to substantiate it. I'm just providing it as something to consider.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,578 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 817 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 363 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 823 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [Diagnosis] Help Understanding Sleep Study and Titration Test DGJ1014 9 583 12-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Understanding OSCAR statistics GusHauck 13 691 11-30-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.