Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help understanding DATA
RE: Help understanding DATA
That's fine. EPR is a comfort feature, and most people can feel the lower pressure on exhale. If it makes no difference to you , then any setting, including off is fine. Basically, what we're saying is EPAP pressure controls OA. Increasing pressure beyond that can help with things like hypopnea, flow limitations and snores. That is the general sequence that things resolve with pressure under fixed or bilevel schemes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys,

This is the report for last night. Any feedback is welcome!

https://imgur.com/a/BsiVJ

Thanks,

Diego

PD: I don't know why but forum says I've reached my attachment quota, so it won't let me post images directly....
Post Reply Post Reply
The higher minimum pressure and lower EPR has produced positive results for you. This is completely acceptable in terms of therapy. Your AHI is greatly improved, your pressure fluctuations are much less, and your therapy is much more continuous and longer. There a substantially fewer snores and flow limitations. Leaks are essentially unchanged, as well as most respiratory parameters.

I guess at this point, we just have to ask how do you feel? What would you like to see change, or stay the same moving forward?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel good, but on the other hand I have never felt so tired as my initial Sleep Apnea diagnosis said I should feel. I originally had 95 AHI. What did happen is that I used to go 3-4 times to pee at night and that has been reduced to 1. I do feel that I still wake up a few times, but don't have any trouble getting to sleep again. I would like not to have OA events, but I understand that is very unlikely to achieve.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect, you will settle out with 1-2 AHI and occasional nights less than 1. The challenge at this point is minimizing sleep disruption and becoming as comfortable as possible. You have seen a steady reduction in events as pressure increased. You might consider using increments of 0.4 in minimum pressure and see if that takes you closer to the goal. If EPR made a big difference to you, you might also try adding that back slowly, along with adding minimum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2017, 11:05 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I suspect, you will settle out with 1-2 AHI and occasional nights less than 1. The challenge at this point is minimizing sleep disruption and becoming as comfortable as possible. You have seen a steady reduction in events as pressure increased. You might consider using increments of 0.4 in minimum pressure and see if that takes you closer to the goal. If EPR made a big difference to you, you might also try adding that back slowly, along with adding minimum pressure.

Thanks SleepRider, I'll do the adjustments and I'll let you know how it goes...

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
dcampo only going to the bathroom once a night is a good sign your therapy is working. Here is a little article from sleepapnea.com explaining why.

The frequent need to urinate at night is called nocturia. According to the National Sleep Foundation, nocturia is a common cause of sleep loss, especially among older adults. One NSF poll found 65 percent of adults between the ages of 55 and 84 reported experiencing the need to go to the bathroom several times a night at least a few nights per week.

“Many patients with sleep apnea have been placed on medications that fail to work for their nighttime urination because the actual cause, sleep apnea, is not recognized,” said Dr. Robert S. Rosenberg, a pulmonologist and medical director of the Sleep Disorders Center of Prescott Valley and Flagstaff, Arizona. “Sleep apnea triggers the frequent urination.”

When a person has untreated obstructive sleep apnea, he noted, “they make vigorous efforts to breathe against a closed airway while sleeping. This results in large negative pressures in the chest cavity.”

That pressure leads to the production of the hormone atrial natriuretic peptide, which induces the frequent need to urinate.

“Frequent” is defined as two or more times a night. “Patients with severe nocturia may get up five or six times to go to the bathroom,” Rosenberg said. And the disturbance in sleep is one cause of daytime sleepiness and fatigue associated with OSA.

Sleep apnea is commonly treated with continuous positive air pressure, or CPAP. And in many cases, Rosenberg said, getting control over OSA can reduce the number of nighttime trips to the bathroom.

Happy to see things are moving in the right direction for you, hope you continue to see even more improvement in how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,551 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 814 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 363 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 820 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [Diagnosis] Help Understanding Sleep Study and Titration Test DGJ1014 9 582 12-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Understanding OSCAR statistics GusHauck 13 686 11-30-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.