Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help understanding Oscar Data
Help understanding Oscar Data
    Been using CPap for sometime but never understood the data doctors seem to not explain, can anyone look at my data and comment. If post is not correct please help first time posting.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help understanding Oscar Data
Welcome to the forum. Your apnea is effectively treated in that your AHI is less than 5. 1.64 is a very good number. You may do a little better and be more comfortable if you increase the minimum pressure from 4 to 8. Most feel starved for air at 4. Also your pressure increases almost immediately to 8 or more. A minimum pressure of at least 7 also will give you maximum benefit from your EPR setting of 3.  Here is a link to access the clinical menu and change the pressure https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
You can also order a clinical manual for your machine using the CPAP setup manual link at the top of the screen. There is data we like to see that you have not displayed. Please see the links below on how to organize and post your data.

Please post more data after making any changes.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are not bad. The Dr. has this running wide open - The lowest the machine can go is 4 and he has you at 4, the highest the machine can go is 20 he has you at 20. You have not reached 12 on the machine so I would put you at 12. The low would be 6. I can't see the EPR put in 2.

If you have not, get a manual for your machine - top of the site (free) To make these settings you have to go to the hidden (clinical menu) on your machine first press the round button to turn it on. Then hold down the round button and the home button at the same time for 5 seconds.

Some Dr. don't want you to know this but it is not a secret everyone here does their own settings.

Now just to give you some info...
CA is clear airway, it means there is no obstruction to your breathing, you just are not breathing for a few seconds. Happens when you roll over and hold your breath, pullup the blanket. It happens all the time while you are awake like holding your breath picking up something.

OA - Obstructive Apnea, some blockage of the air way, could be sleep position, tissue in the mouth closing the airway (normally on you back) or any blockage.

H - Hypopnea basically the same as an OA but shorter duration - SEE BOTTOM SIGNATURE.

Leak rates are important because if they are large (you had none) then the cpap has lost pressure from the mask and can not give therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
    I made some changes from my original post on 09/22/2020, AHI seem to decrease and stomach pain seems not as bad as was before with other pressure setting of min 4 and max 20, don't know if changes I made indicate therapy is better but I feel better. I am trying to attach updated chart hope I am providing the correct data format for any new suggestions. Thanks for all your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only change I would make is move up the min to 7 and the EPR to 3, that should diminish the flow limits.  You really are doing ok.  Watch the leaks, it is something everyone has to watch.  The higher the leaks the less effective is the therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.
I too would suggest increasing min pressure to 7 and EPR to 3 to better manage your flow limits.
The few leaks that you have are likely mask leaks, possibly from motion of tossing a bit, not enough to worry about, just watch.

Note how you feel at your current settings and how you feel with these changes. The one that "Feels" best is what you should use.
With your numbers setting changes are more about how you feel than anything else.
Let us know which you stick with.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 0 15 1 hour ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 55 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 70 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 148 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.