Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help understanding PR DreamMapper Info
RE: Help understanding PR DreamMapper Info
OK I called the DreamMapper Support Line and I will start off saying that the Customer Service Rep was great. She answered not only my questions about the software, but helped me understand my machine and therapy even more. As far as the AHI number being different on the machine and the app, I was told that the machine is a per session AHI number and the app AHI is a total for the entire night. I can see that now. I have periods at night when I may have shut off the machine to either readjust the mask or use the bathroom. Makes sense to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm .....doesn't quite make sense to me.
Let's say you turn the machine off twice during the night, that adds up to 3 sessions by morning.
The machine should add the 3 sessions together and give you the correct AHI for the whole night, not just for a particular session.

And what session is it giving you a reading on?

By morning, the app AHI and the machine AHI should be the same.

Would like others who use this machine and DreamMapper to tell us if their machines and apps give same or different information. Thinking-about
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I would love to hear from some other users. Being new to this it made sense to me, but maybe my machine or the app are not right. I will say I like the lower app number better, haha.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 09:56 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Wow, that doesn't make sense! I've never used DreamMapper. I would go with the machine readout. Wish I could be more help.

Hopefully, someone that has used that program can be of more help.
DreamMapper updates at a later time than what you see on the CPAP machine. It may be the differences you are seeing. Look on the CPAP machine reading just before it changes at noon and compare that to what DreamMapper reads.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2015, 11:41 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Hmmm .....doesn't quite make sense to me.
Let's say you turn the machine off twice during the night, that adds up to 3 sessions by morning.
The machine should add the 3 sessions together and give you the correct AHI for the whole night, not just for a particular session.

And what session is it giving you a reading on?

By morning, the app AHI and the machine AHI should be the same.

Would like others who use this machine and DreamMapper to tell us if their machines and apps give same or different information. Thinking-about
I'm on the same page Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Based on my experience with Respironics software, both EncoreBasic and their app, I wouldn't trust the app. I used to be a PRS1 user.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2015, 11:23 AM)pwgphoto Wrote: As far as the AHI number being different on the machine and the app, I was told that the machine is a per session AHI number and the app AHI is a total for the entire night.

Nope! The picture you showed us in Post #9 confirms for me that the DreamStation gives the same statistics as the older PRS1 machines. It clearly tells you the one-day average. And the 7-day average. And the 30-day average.

If the number on the app is wrong, it's not an issue because it's information intended for only the patient and as such is not intended to be used to make decisions about therapy adjustments.

If the number on the machine is wrong that's huge! That's the information reported to the medical caregivers. They need to get that number right.

When the Respironics app first came out I tried it. A total joke as it would give you less information than what you could already see on the machine's display. And it had problems reporting previous days' data, skipping entire days at a time, as if the machine had not been used at all.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well the DreamStation seems to be the machine I got and I am not sure if there is any changing it at this point. So I guess you all are saying that my higher number of AHI on the machine is the true number I should pay attention to. I wonder if this is just my machine and the app not syncing the correct AHI or if it is all the DreamStations? I wonder when the SleepyHead software is finally updated, will it be more reliable and show what my machine shows. Some of you are making me feel bad about the machine I was given and I am hoping once more users get them, the bugs are worked out. I am new to this and tried to do research, but it is all so overwhelming. There have to be some of you experienced people out there that don't hate the PR machines. I guess down the line I should get a ResMed, but I was happy they were giving me a auto cpap with all the data and not making me get a basic model first. I do think the machine I have has been helping me sleep. I just need to get some reliable data from it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I obviously don't hate PR machines, especially since I use one. Also bought another for a backup.

It's just unfortunate right now that the SleepyHead software does not support the DreamStation.
Hopefully that will change soon.

I have no issues between my PR APAP, Sleepyhead , and Encore Basic. My numbers are the same.

I think the best thing you or anyone else that has a new DreamStation can do is trust the numbers on the machine.

If you truly think there is something wrong with your DreamStation, possibly ask the DME to exchange it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose, I hope that my last comment wasn't too harsh, it just seems that a lot of folks are ripping on the PR machines and especially the DreamStation. As I said, I am new to this and I know that the machine is also new and I have enough doubt about this whole process, Sleep Apnea/doctors/insurance/medical costs that it freaks me out already. Now people are starting to cast doubt on the machine I was given and makes my anxiety even higher. I constantly second guess my choices as it is when it comes to this kind of stuff. I do appreciate the help from this site and you fine people and hope that we get some good software soon for the new machine. I don't know if my machine is broken or not being new to this world, it pumps air, I know that. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips DreamMapper - old machine only? p123 6 756 11-19-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
Thumbsdown DreamStation 2 Session Info - Phantom Disconnects Wizard99 24 2,507 10-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  DreamMapper - Data not transferring from Dream2 gonzalo 1 710 08-01-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: MrMister
  Missing Datalog info - bad SD card or something else? q49q49 4 796 06-01-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Dreamstation 2 software (Dreammapper) EricDK 9 1,736 05-15-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oscar not showing info from a Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her CavemanSean 7 800 04-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: CavemanSean
  DreamStation 2 constantly requiring pairing [with DreamMapper] OldNavyGuy 10 5,911 12-23-2022, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Katman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.