Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help understanding Sleepy Head
So i'm kind of new to Sleepy Head and was wondering if anybody could help me understand it and tell me if what I am seeing is bad.

I know that AHI is how many times I have stopped breathing which is okay for the amount given right now. Of course it could be better.

I just wanted to know about the air leaks really cause that is what I get complaints about most of the time.

I have another picture I will include in another post if that is accepted of the graph of my sleeping events.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just looked at my machines stats for last nights sleep it said that I had 0% leaks. So I don't know what is right or wrong here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Sleepyhead has a user adjustable parameter for leak rate under the File->Preferences->CPAP->Flag leaks over threshold. I'm not certain what F&P has as a threshold setting. It might be a difference of what each one has as a value in this area. Hopefully, your manual should have the leak specification listed. If it's different, simply change SH's parameter to match.

Edit: If you haven't gone to this site, I highly recommend it.

Sleepyhead Beginner's Guide:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid73182
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

Hey Eric,

Your numbers don't look bad at all. Your leak number is just fine. Not broke, don't fix.

Your AHI of 4.+ is a little higher than it needs to be, but not a real problem. Most of your events are the goofy little Hypops, which I believe you can zap with just a tiny bit more pressure. You're at fixed pressure 12. I'm thinking if you increased that just a smidgeon, say to 12.5, you might just slide right into your "sweet spot."

Anyhow, you're doing well, so keep up the good work!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DCeric,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, need help understanding SleepyHead data bricked 8 284 10-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bricked
  Understanding Leak Data, HELP for DUMMIES PLEASE! TrailerSweetheart 11 728 10-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Barnfresh
  Am I understanding flatulence could be in my future? HalfAsleep 12 349 09-25-2017, 10:49 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Still sleepy [graphs incl] trickyneedsleep 11 422 09-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Last Post: trickyneedsleep
  Help Understanding Leak Rate & Statistics Hojo 2 202 09-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Understanding the data RobertWA 2 141 09-14-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: RobertWA
  Sleepy head data help Missingsleep 4 185 08-29-2017, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Missingsleep