Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help understanding Sleepy Head
Help understanding Sleepy Head
So i'm kind of new to Sleepy Head and was wondering if anybody could help me understand it and tell me if what I am seeing is bad.

[attachment=1462]

I know that AHI is how many times I have stopped breathing which is okay for the amount given right now. Of course it could be better.

I just wanted to know about the air leaks really cause that is what I get complaints about most of the time.

I have another picture I will include in another post if that is accepted of the graph of my sleeping events.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help understanding Sleepy Head
I just looked at my machines stats for last nights sleep it said that I had 0% leaks. So I don't know what is right or wrong here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Sleepyhead has a user adjustable parameter for leak rate under the File->Preferences->CPAP->Flag leaks over threshold. I'm not certain what F&P has as a threshold setting. It might be a difference of what each one has as a value in this area. Hopefully, your manual should have the leak specification listed. If it's different, simply change SH's parameter to match.

Edit: If you haven't gone to this site, I highly recommend it.

Sleepyhead Beginner's Guide:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid73182
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Eric,

Your numbers don't look bad at all. Your leak number is just fine. Not broke, don't fix.

Your AHI of 4.+ is a little higher than it needs to be, but not a real problem. Most of your events are the goofy little Hypops, which I believe you can zap with just a tiny bit more pressure. You're at fixed pressure 12. I'm thinking if you increased that just a smidgeon, say to 12.5, you might just slide right into your "sweet spot."

Anyhow, you're doing well, so keep up the good work!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DCeric,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,573 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 374 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 815 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 363 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 822 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.