Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Massage Table - face in cradle
Question 
Massage Table - face in cradle
I used to have a massage table - loaned to me for several years by a masseuse friend before she finally came and took it back. Before I ever knew anything about sleep apnea, I used to nap on it when I had a headache and get the most restful sleep and many times complete relief from the headache.

I was always a tummy sleeper as a child and only moved to side sleeping during pregnancies, and that has persisted. I cant get comfy on my tummy without smothering myself!

Now I am thinking that sleeping face down with my head in a cradle may actually provide airway restriction relief and that this accounts for those awesome naps. Thinking of justifying the purchase of one for power outages instead of futzing with batteries...

Anyone have any apnea relevant opinions about tummy sleeping in general and sleeping on a massage table in particular?
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Massage Table - face in cradle
I've thought about this too. I think the obstacle for me with the face cradle would be that usually about 30-40 minutes into a massage I start getting nasal stuffiness and by the end of the massage I'm mouth breathing because I can no longer breathe through my nose. So a.m. cradle-dents in my face aside, I doubt I could get through the night that way.

I also tried the "falcon" sleeping position (look up Eric Falcon M.D.) which is apparently one way to stomach-sleep. I tried it one night at a hotel when the power went out and I wish I had a video of me trying to arrange pillows and position myself like that, and actually sleep. Hiilarious! I couldn't do it but more power to those who can. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I too get stuffy. I am thinking of ways to live if the Cascadia Subduction Zone blows and all Oregon is without power for 3 years Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
I too, always slept on my tummy, actually in the Falcon position...then babies came. Some how I became a back sleeper. Lumbar issues were the main reason. Wonder if I could some how get those pillows just right...Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Me too
[Image: sleepingposmaskright1b.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Dang...had to try for old times sake! Sad. Immediately my post nasal drip had me gagging. Another reason to sleep on my back...bummer. Plus I use the Oracle and that means DROOLING! Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
i have tried to do the falcon with my p10 on and i just cannot! neck hurts too bad to twist it that way. sigh.

Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't know it but all these years, I spent my time Falcon sleeping!

Supine would be preferred for me, but sometimes I just don't fall asleep inn that position, and back to Falcon I go.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I spend thrity minutes face down on a massage table with my head in a cradle, and I have a snoot full o' snot.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 391 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.