Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help understanding sPo2 assistant charts.
Help understanding sPo2 assistant charts.
I'm trying to understand why the O2 level flucuates so wildly. It starts out very smooth sometimes for the first hour, then gets chaotic for awhile. Then goes back to fairly smooth, then chaotic again. This repeats like this most nights. During this time shown in the screenshot, I didn't have any events. My HR also flucuates a little. Is this fluctuation due to being in REM sleep?

In sleepyhead, I see some fluctuations in flow rate. Plus I'm having serious leaks for some reason. I cant figure out the leaks. But I think whenever I wake up, then the leaking stops. I think I may still be having "mini events", and waking up without noticing.

With the large leaks, is it possible I may be having more apneas, and the machine is just not able to detect them?

[Image: GQnyMbO.jpg][Image: AHkvF2a.png][Image: 5jcmlZQ.png]
[Image: P4cQyqM.jpg]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help understanding sPo2 assistant charts.
Myron,
You have uncontrolled leaks. 88% over the leak line is way too high and is going on for most of the night. Sad

You are wearing a full face mask, and I suspect the fit is not right. You can try a mask liner as some say that helps. The alternative is to try a different mask, but you need to get that under control.

Your AHI is good, but don’t think that can be trusted with such a high leak rate.
Have you always had this high leak rate, or just this one night?

Not sure about the oxygen levels. It could very well fluctuate during REM sleep.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried with and without a RemZzz mask liner. I've been trying mask liners last few nights, and it doesn't seem to help. I don't feel anything leaking at all, when i go to bed or when i wake up from an event. I use a chin strap to keep my mouth closed. I don't move in bed and lay on my back all night long, so im not sure where it is leaking.

The leaks have been worse, since using this BIPAP machine it seems. But one night, I had no leak at all. Very weird. I've tried loosening the mask, and barely fitting it to my face, and tighten just a little so it is snug. Nothing seems to work. 

I wonder if there is a leak somewhere else in the system?

I don't hear any other leaks in the BIPAP machine, but who knows, since this is a trial/rental.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
Myron,
It does seem odd to see leaks (gray area) on your grafts for most of the night.
If this is a trial/rental machine, you may want to question if an exchange is possible. There is a small chance it’s a machine error. Dont-know
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just keep the mask on while awake for a short while, and then check if it still reports a leak.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 13 339 04-16-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RichardW
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 144 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 187 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
Question [Equipment] How does the CSV extract from Wellue SpO2 ring look like? Ayush Shrivastava 2 156 04-05-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Ayush Shrivastava
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 189 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Understanding OSCAR data BaldZoomer 3 238 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Going it alone-help me with my settings and SpO2 desats Papgirl 4 262 03-31-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.