Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed CPAP won't let me fix the time & date. Says can't go into the past.
RE: Resmed CPAP won't let me fix the time & date. Says can't go into the past.
I asked on the reddit legal forum if CPAP data is sent to insurance companies in Canada like they are in the US and so far no one has responded. It probably isn't something that comes up very often. I also still don't know if I have the legal right to a copy of the data. It is a medical device that requires a prescription so the data from a CPAP (in my view) shouldn't be see any differently then an X-Ray. You can request a copy of an X-Ray and you don't even own the X-Ray machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2018, 07:30 PM)Darkmatter Wrote: I asked on the reddit legal forum if CPAP data is sent to insurance companies in Canada like they are in the US and so far no one has responded.

I live in the US and my CPAP data is sent to my insurance company only when I hand my SD card to my sleep doctor.

Quote:I also still don't know if I have the legal right to a copy of the data. It is a medical device that requires a prescription so the data from a CPAP (in my view) shouldn't be see any differently then an X-Ray. You can request a copy of an X-Ray and you don't even own the X-Ray machine.

But there was no medical procedure performed! Anyway, I doubt they have your data, they would have lost it when they formatted your SD card.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would call a CPAP trial at a sleep clinic a medical "procedure" although not the same as a surgery or something like that. Just my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2018, 06:04 PM)Darkmatter Wrote: I would call a CPAP trial at a sleep clinic a medical "procedure" although not the same as a surgery or something like that. Just my opinion.

They would have THAT data.

I thought you were talking about THIS data ...

(05-09-2018, 06:34 AM)Darkmatter Wrote: The sleep therapist that sold me the CPAP asked me to bring the machine back in yesterday and without even warning me first he used the "erase all data" option to reset the date. Now all my past data on the memory card is gone.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was talking about this SD card data. I was saying my sleep CPAP study could be considered a type of procedure although I admit it is by no means a bullet proof opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I know this is an old thread... but here goes. My Resmed s9 was off by 1 year, and I was able to set it back by... Erasing all data.
How you ask? Well I got the same errors in setting it back as everyone else, until I logged into the clinician screen. Yes that info is out there on the infoweb. Just search for ResMed s9 Clinician manual, published by Resmed. Here is my keyword search (ResMed S9 Elite Clinical Manual) In it it says to Press this button and that knob together for 3 seconds( Big Grin ). Then search for the (reset all data screen) STOP! this Will delete all sleep data on your machine and SD Card, but not the settings that you or your clincian have put in, you know, ram up time,  Normal air flow, beginning air flow... the Dr's settings , ect. STOPthis will also reformat your data card. If you use Sleepyhead or Resmed Rescan software, save your data, or backup your card or buy a new card and use it instead. NOTE: you can erase your data with the SD Card out and it will not affect your card data. NOTE: if you restore the old data to your card and reuse the card, it may undo the information in the machine. I do not know if that is true, and I have not tried to restore my card and then reuse it, so I may be blowin smoke on that.

After you reset all data, (erased) you can then change your dates or times.

I own mine and have since 2013, so I am not getting into trouble with insurance companies. But if you do this and you still answer to Dr's or Insurance, and they ask what happened just tell them you received an error message that your data card was corrupted and you had to reformat the card. NOTE: I would never advocate that you lie to the Dr or Insurance company, because they only have your best interests at heart. also what is the actual harm of erasing your personal data. 

Hope this helps someone.

Harry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 406 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.