Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help w/ changing pressure on REMStar Plus
Help w/ changing pressure on REMStar Plus
Hello,

I have an old REMStar Plus (pre 2007) C-Flex as a backup. My pressure increased to 13 from 11 and I wanted to know if anyone has the same unit and can provide any help to set the pressure to 13.

PS: I already tried the following (from the pressure setting help page in this site) but not able to get to setup menu to adjust pressure.

1. Hold down "Ramp"+"Power" while plugging in the power cord.
(0R)
2. Hold down "Left arrow"+"Right arrow" + "Ramp" while plugging in power cord.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help w/ changing pressure on REMStar Plus
Hi aselvan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone will be along to give you pointers shortly.
You might want to consider a new machine if you can, the technology has changed quite a bit since the one you have now.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2014, 12:05 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi aselvan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone will be along to give you pointers shortly.
You might want to consider a new machine if you can, the technology has changed quite a bit since the one you have now.
Best of luck to you.

Thank you for the note. Yes, I am considering a new one either PR System One Auto (OR) Resmed S9 Autoset. Any advice on which one?

Just to clarify, this RemStar Plus (pre 2007) I had for over 8+yrs and it still works and I use it as a backup only (i.e. when I do short 1 or 2 night travel which is not very often). Recently, I switched to Fisher & Paykel icon which I really don't like (actually hate it so much) and want to go for "Auto Adjusting" machines. Wanted to know if any users of the above machines can provide some feedback on how they like it. While there is a thread on review of ResMed S9 machines that I looked already but none exists for Phillips Respironics System One Auto.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi aselvan,
Here is a link that will give you some ideas on what machines to buy and what machines to avoid.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
I hope this will help you, good luck on your decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

I am sure that some of the more knowledgeable folks will answer your question. I think that between the Resmed and comparable Philips machine it is close to a toss up but there are some things that one does a little better than the other , at least from the user point of view. Each has its own pluses.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2014, 06:54 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

I am sure that some of the more knowledgeable folks will answer your question. I think that between the Resmed and comparable Philips machine it is close to a toss up but there are some things that one does a little better than the other , at least from the user point of view. Each has its own pluses.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Thank you @trish6hundred and @PaytonA for the information and links shared.

I decided to go with "Philips Respironics PRS1 Auto (PRS1 = Philips Respironics System One)" which is one of the recommended Auto models.

Hope someone will post some tips on how change pressure setting on my old one.
Post Reply Post Reply
> Hope someone will post some tips on how change pressure setting on my old one.
google this with the quotes:

"M Series Plus C-Flex CPAP Machine"

then click "images".

Is your machine the first image?

(sorry, can't post links)
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to make sure, you can identify various brands/make/models of CPAP machines here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...ur-machine

Once you know what brand & specific model you have, go to this page for directions on how to get into the Clinician Setup Menu in order to change pressures and other settings:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

In Section Three of the above page, you can request the Clinician Setup Manuals for most CPAP machines via email.

In your manual request email, it's best to copy and paste the exact make & model from Section Three and make sure you list which REMstar series it is:

[Image: which-remstar.jpg]

aselvan - If your machine is the pre-2007 REMstar Plus with C-flex (looks like the machine on the left in the above picture), in order to enter the setup menu to change pressures, simply hold down the two top "user buttons" (sort of look like left/right arrows) while plugging in the power cord. Continue holding down the user buttons until you hear a beep - and then you'll be in the Clinician (Therapy) Setup Mode.

From that point, you can now select the various menu options, including compliance hours, elevation, CPAP/CFlex mode, pressure, fine adjustment, and other stuff. Select the right/left user buttons to scroll through the various setting options. Use the left-hand side RAMP & Humidifier buttons to select the individual level or setting you desire. When all settings are the way you want them, push the power on/off button to exit the Clinician (Therapy) setup mode.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2014, 03:54 PM)tcarmen Wrote: > Hope someone will post some tips on how change pressure setting on my old one.
google this with the quotes:

"M Series Plus C-Flex CPAP Machine"

then click "images".

Is your machine the first image?

(sorry, can't post links)
Hi tcarmen,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck with your CPAP therapy and setting the pressure on your older machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 403 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 278 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised Apap- changing settings Swsch2985 2 402 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.