Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help w/ humidity and sore throat (new CPAP user)
RE: Help w/ humidity and sore throat (new CPAP user)
Well, my mouth was shut last night! I had it set on 5, but I think that was to much I am going to set it to 4 tonight. But it was so much better! 3 wasn't enough. No sore throat today though. This is like wearing glass's for the first time, you just have to get used to them. I like this site, lots of info and really nice people. I've learned so MUCH! Thanks all. CameoroseThanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Although some might not believe me, I know that I sleep with my mouth closed...my wife verified that for me two nights ago...but yet, I still woke throughout the night and the next morning sore and dry. My setting was at 3 also. I bumped it up last night to 4 and that must have been the magical number...last night was much better...no sore and dry throat.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome cameo rose!

So pleased your problem seems to have been fixed. Lets hope it is all plain sailing for you now. If not you know where to come. Come along anyway, before long you will be answering questions!

BamaSteve, pleased your sore throat and dry mouth problem have been solved from lifting your humidity.

I lowered mine the other day because of change in weather but have noticed dry mouth and lips, so looks like I may have to up it a notch.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I have set it to 4, gonna try that tonight. I have to order a climate line, mine didn't come with it. That might help some. I go to the doctor the 29, wants to know how I am doing. Felt good today, more energy, I only woke up two time's. That's a great improvement right there! I woke up about every hour or less sometimes. I have been sleepy for some long, I won't know what feeling good feels like! I'll check back in tomorrow. Night all, cameorose
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking of you and wishing you a good night's sleep.
Great that you have started to feel small improvements already. That is my best improvement by far, only getting up once or sometimes twice a night instead of the old five, six or more trips to the bathroom. It used to drive me crazy.
If I never had anything else positive happen I would be thankful for that.
It is great you are also feeling more energy.

Sounds like you will have a good report for your Doctor.

Keep us posted.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,472 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 155 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,034 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,008 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,591 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.