Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Pro and/or CPAP Pro II Mask
CPAP Pro and/or CPAP Pro II Mask
I am interested in finding out more about the CPAP Pro and CPAP Pro II breathing apparatuses by Stevenson Industries, that have been advertised lately on TV.  Has anyone here had experience with either or both of these?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Pro and/or CPAP Pro II
Do you mean this mask?
[attachment=3874]

Looks like a nasal pillow with a mouth piece attached.

I don’t know if anyone here uses this, but I’m sure they will respond if they do.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Pro and/or CPAP Pro II
If I used that I'd end up in a puddle of drool. Me and mouth pieces don't get along.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Pro and/or CPAP Pro II Mask
Hi glbybeeut,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you find a mask that works well, it is the most challenging part of this therapy.
Good luck on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I read up on it , and there is no money back  and cost i believe 169.00.
My dentist had told me these kind of devices can cause problems with the teeth.
Post Reply Post Reply
What's with the exposed foam bits and obvious screws on the CPAP Pro II? Near your nose and mouth? Chronically drenched in saliva and snot?

There are reasons why Resmed, Respironics, and F&P are best in class (as well as a couple of others here and there). They pay attention to details like germ exposure.

I wouldn't touch that one with a 10ft pole. Those mouth guards are meant for athletics where you can pop them out if necessary. How are you going to get this thing off if you choke?

The closest analogy I can get is mouth taping. But in mouth taping, the tape isn't that firmly attached, and the force of air can blow it off, as I discovered. In other words, taping would likely be way safer (although not generally recommended).

How is that mask even held in place? By the nostrils? Ouch! It goes with the territory that many CPAPpers move about quite a bit at night. I'd pull this thing out in the dead of night in the belief I have a mouse trying to get up my nose.

--------

If you're new to CPAP, try a lot of masks. You can go even more minimal than the one you show, provided you control the leaks so as to optimize treatment.

I believe you can find something way better!

What are you using now? What kinds of issues are you having? Why are you looking for a different mask? Undoubtedly Team Apneaboard can help you address mask issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 0 1 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Ostrich
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 495 5 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  hand numbness when using CPAP sleepingbetterinFl 6 142 6 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 503 7 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 219 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 165 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 304 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.