Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Airsense 10 Autoset settings
Help with Airsense 10 Autoset settings
So first the doctor prescribed the ResMed Airsense 10 Elite with a setting of 11. I was able to get him to prescribe the Airsense 10 Autoset & he gave settings of 8-13. I have used machine about 10 days & downloaded data to ResScan. I notice pressures were bumping up to the max of 13 after about 4 nights. I have now adjusted max to 14 for several nights & the pressures got close to 14, then I adjusted max again to 15. Last night on the essentials plus it indicated 14.8 so I am now getting up to the max again. Should I bump it again? It seems odd since I did a sleep study & 11 fixed was what was prescribed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Airsense 10 Autoset settings
I would say that the pressure indication means little without you telling us what the accompanying AHI score is on the varying pressures that you've adjusted on. Is the AHI score still high?

There could be many reasons why the pressure continues to bump up to the top - some which may be unrelated to you not getting less than adequate treatment.

What was your original titration? There's got to be a reason why he prescribed a pressure of 11.

EDIT: I think you probably are adjusting your pressures too quickly - I started at 8 to 20, and at first, my pressure was hitting 20, but over the past two months of treatment, it's lowered to under 18 for most nights now. Perhaps you should hold off on making the changes so quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum lavamanz,
Pressure can rise for different reasons. The machine can respond to snoring, and flow limitations, etc.

Without data to look at, you may be making your situation worse by raising the max pressure without having a reason to do so.

Download Sleepyhead software (link at top of page), and start looking at your numbers before making changes. The graphs will tell you what is happening at any given time.

Also, you haven't said what your AHI readings have been.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

To expand on what ramblingasian said, you will need time to adjust to the machine let alone the pressure settings. Run with what you have now for awhile. I would say for at least two weeks. I also have seen a decrease in my Max pressure. I had 15 as a max pressure and I rarely hit 14 now. The autoset will only go that high if it needs to so the max settings isn't as crucial unless you start getting pressure-induced events.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI readings
9/25 1.5
9/26 2.6
9/27 2.5
9/28 1.2
9/29 0.7
9/30 3.2
10/1 2.5
10/6 2.5
10/7 1.0
10/8 0.9
10/9 1.1
10/10 1.5
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2015, 08:44 AM)lavamanz Wrote: AHI readings
9/25 1.5
9/26 2.6
9/27 2.5
9/28 1.2
9/29 0.7
9/30 3.2
10/1 2.5
10/6 2.5
10/7 1.0
10/8 0.9
10/9 1.1
10/10 1.5

If your AHI readings are so low as you state above originally, there is absolutely no reason at all why you needed to increase your pressure at all to begin with as your results indicate that your treatment is working properly as previously prescribed.

In fact, you're probably better off not touching the settings.

The only reason why you should have increased the top end is if your AHI were still high (above 5), but your scores do not indicate that at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
lavamanz,
Yes, your AHI readings are within the "treated" range of <5, but the question is: How do you feel?

Some folk feel great with those numbers, and some don't. Everyone is different.

Your original question is why your pressure rises when you changed your max setting, and I can only repeat what I stated above. Download software and start to track your therapy, then you will start to understand why pressure rises and falls during the night.
Your pressure could rise for many reasons, sometimes just turning over in bed and holding your breath for a short time.

Also, when you do make a pressure change, you should leave it alone for a week to 10 days minimum.

Added note: Look to see what your 90% pressure reading is. This gives us a better idea as to where your starting/minimum pressure should be.

Just an example: if your 90% pressure reading says it was at 10, this means that your pressure was at 10 or under for 90% of the night.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2015, 06:40 AM)lavamanz Wrote: So first the doctor prescribed the ResMed Airsense 10 Elite with a setting of 11. I was able to get him to prescribe the Airsense 10 Autoset & he gave settings of 8-13. I have used machine about 10 days & downloaded data to ResScan. I notice pressures were bumping up to the max of 13 after about 4 nights. I have now adjusted max to 14 for several nights & the pressures got close to 14, then I adjusted max again to 15. Last night on the essentials plus it indicated 14.8 so I am now getting up to the max again. Should I bump it again? It seems odd since I did a sleep study & 11 fixed was what was prescribed.
My experience with A10 Autoset is the same as yours, the machine tend to respond to flow limitation aggressively. I set the maximum at 13 and the machine can only go to 13, seem to me a good compromise .... YMMV. Ask your doctor
How is the leak rate and any dry mouth or stuffy nose?

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2015, 10:49 AM)zonk Wrote:
(10-11-2015, 06:40 AM)lavamanz Wrote: So first the doctor prescribed the ResMed Airsense 10 Elite with a setting of 11. I was able to get him to prescribe the Airsense 10 Autoset & he gave settings of 8-13. I have used machine about 10 days & downloaded data to ResScan. I notice pressures were bumping up to the max of 13 after about 4 nights. I have now adjusted max to 14 for several nights & the pressures got close to 14, then I adjusted max again to 15. Last night on the essentials plus it indicated 14.8 so I am now getting up to the max again. Should I bump it again? It seems odd since I did a sleep study & 11 fixed was what was prescribed.
My experience with A10 Autoset is the same as yours, the machine tend to respond to flow limitation aggressively. I set the maximum at 13 and the machine can only go to 13, seem to me a good compromise .... YMMV. Ask your doctor
How is the leak rate and any dry mouth or stuffy nose?

Leak rate (95th percentile) varies from 4.8L/min to 15.6L/min. No dry mouth or runny nose, I do not use the humidifier

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lavamanz,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 459 36 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 656 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.