Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with AutoSV settings-or is it broken?
Wink 
Help with AutoSV settings-or is it broken?
I'm so sad, as don't know if I can find a reasonable replacement. I have a phillips bipap Auto SV advanced (series 60) which I'm just certain used to behave differently (note, I did my own original settings, but can't remember what everything means).
I have central apnea, and HATE varying pressure.  What I want, is just the minimum setting of 4 (or 5), and for it to only increase pressure if it detects I'm not breathing.

Note: it still detects when I'm not breathing, because I'll "test" it by holding my breath. After a reasonable time, it will give me a burst of air--which is exactly what I need to "remind" my body to breathe.

Current settings:
Max pressure. 8
Epap min 4
Epap max 8
Ps min 0
Ps max 4
The point of these settings, is to have it sit at min 0 (no added pressure), UNLESS it detects me not breathing.
I'm certain it used to do this for me, but NOW
1)it starts building to as high as 8 on inhale almost right away, even though I'm breathing voluntarily.
2) I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the ramp to work. When I go into (clinician) set up, it's not there, and if I press the ramp button while therapy is on, it lasts only for a few breaths.

Other settings:
Bpm 7
Ti I've never understood this setting, but have tried both top and bottom of range .5 and 3.0, and can't really detect a difference.
Flex type none (seems better than bi-flex choice)
Rise time 0
System 1 resistance have choices from 0, 1x-5x,
But have tried a few and still misbehaves

Lock system one is off
Auto on doesn't seem to make a diff don't know what this is for (on-off)

Oh how I hope someone has a word if wisdom!
Thanks SO much!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with AutoSV settings-or is it broken?
The problem with those settings are that if you've gotten any increase in obstructive apnea, Respironics are infamous for not being able to increase pressure fast enough to stave off the effects. Since you have pressure starting at 4, this leaves you susceptible to a lot of OA getting past the machine. I think that may be the root cause of your SV Auto going up to higher pressures than you'd like.

I'll give you what settings I had to run for high CA that I used on my ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. ASV Auto Mode EPAP 8-13 PS 3-15. Am I suggesting you need try these? No. But you do have to realize that even though you have a machine suited to tackle Central Apnea, you likely have Obstructive as well. Your settings indicate that things have changed in your therapy, and as set, the SV Auto is not capable of treating you as it did. It would be good to see OSCAR data, but I think despite not seeing charts, your OA, and maybe Hypopnea and even Flow Limits are higher. And your settings on this machine are no longer suitable to providing the therapy your apnea requires.

And a second opinion, it may be time to replace that older unit with a new machine. I'd suggest a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV like I have. I know the ResMed is better suited to tackle all things apnea, because it treated me, at least up until my COPD kicked in a bit higher.

If your machine jumps up to 8 or whatever, that itself indicates that's probably where you need to start. 4 for adults is not sufficient for most. Maybe none of this is what you want to hear, but I'm certain it's what's needed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 688 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 831 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [CPAP] BiPAP / AutoSV with largest possible water container FHTC 3 347 11-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Dreamstation LCD Backlight Broken FatSleeper15 0 335 09-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: FatSleeper15
  Climateline heated hose - broken or bad connection Wondering2 0 954 12-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 522 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.