Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine turning off when I'm sleeping but my mask is still on?
RE: Machine turning off when I'm sleeping but my mask is still on?
What are the durations on your central apneas?
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks more like your mask is leaking so it cannot tell what’s going on so it flags it as an unidentifiable apnoea if you look at the leak rate graph at that point in time the leak rate was 120 your mask was not on your face during that apnoea of 62 seconds. It’s also likely that if you had auto on off a leak of that size would cause your machine to turn off
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Bonjour and disagree with Jaswilliams. I see nothing resembling normal respiration in this chart, and it looks like a continuous impaired respiration that goes on over 2-minutes! That is an alarming flow rate chart, and your leak statistics suggest you have NO LARGE LEAKS.  I hopw it is a machine malfuction, but we need to see some other examples where your respiration looks something like respiration rather than a stock price trace.  It's amazing how good your statistics look, and yet there is this event that has no real description.  I also would like to know the duration and pattern of other CA events.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15920]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2019, 07:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I agree with Bonjour and disagree with Jaswilliams. I see nothing resembling normal respiration in this chart, and it looks like a continuous impaired respiration that goes on over 2-minutes! That is an alarming flow rate chart, and your leak statistics suggest you have NO LARGE LEAKS.  I hopw it is a machine malfuction, but we need to see some other examples where your respiration looks something like respiration rather than a stock price trace.  It's amazing how good your statistics look, and yet there is this event that has no real description.  I also would like to know the duration and pattern of other CA events.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15920]

I respectfully disagree with  Sleepriders analysis that there is no large leak at this time if you look at the time over large leak red line statistic there is a value of 0.558% and a large leak in the summary stats as 0.1% also on the leak rate graph top line it says Leak Rate : 120.00 which means at the point in time highlighted by the green line the leak rate is 120 litres. The reason why there is no leak rate in the other statistics is this is an outlier event, and with the new Oscar the max leak value is a 95% figure so outlier events are ignored. If the leak rate graph was zoomed out you would see large leak at this time. The large leak is preventing your machine from detecting your breathing correctly it could easily be that you decided to open your mouth and mouth breath. I do however agree something is going on that needs investigating and a look at your other CA events would be interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took a screenshot of the whole night, I hope this helps. I almost always have only central apneas and some hypopneas that are usually 10 -26 seconds long. The night I forgot to take my diamox my Ahi was over 5 and when I took a double dose my ahi was .2 so I believe my events are mostly central and I'm not sure how much the machine is really helping vs the diamox. My sleep doctor did not prescribe the diamox my other neurologist did for high csf pressure. My other neurologist is sending me to another sleep doctor who can hopefully understand more about central apneas and how my connective tissue disorder is playing into this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2019, 10:20 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: I respectfully disagree with  Sleepriders analysis that there is no large leak at this time if you look at the time over large leak red line statistic there is a value of 0.558% and a large leak in the summary stats as 0.1% also on the leak rate graph top line it says Leak Rate : 120.00 which means at the point in time highlighted by the green line the leak rate is 120 litres. The reason why there is no leak rate in the other statistics is this is an outlier event, and with the new Oscar the max leak value is a 95% figure so outlier events are ignored. If the leak rate graph was zoomed out you would see large leak at this time. The large leak is preventing your machine from detecting your breathing correctly it could easily be that you decided to open your mouth and mouth breath. I do however agree something is going on that needs investigating and a look at your other CA events would be interesting.

Good catch! I missed the cursor and leak rate.   Sorry about that, and I should have looked closer since I rarely disagree with you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 249 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 458 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.