Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Bipap
Help with Bipap
I have a Resmed  M series bi-pap.   The mask i had was a medium and too small.

Bought a Large full face , put the hose on it.  It fits great and doesnt leak.

BUT....now my machine will run about 20-30 seconds and just shut off  !!   Does it every time.  ALL i did was change the mask.

What might be the issue  ???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Bipap
I'm not familiar with that particular machine, but there are a few things you could try... have you checked the power supply/connections to make sure they aren't coming loose?

You could also check the auto-off feature if the machine has one and make sure it is set to "off". Seems to me that if the feature is on, and you experience a very large leak, it may shut itself off.

Is the 20-min interval uniform each time, or was that an approximation? If it's uniform, that suggests a machine failure to me, or auto-off kicking in after a set period of large leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 493dart,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Don’t you mean a Respironics M Series BiPAP?
Hang in there for more answers to your question, good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
yes---Bi--pap

I just tried it again....the screen said auto off when i gave the mask a little leak. It shut down after 20 seconds .

I will try to shut that off---maybe it is leaking ??
Post Reply Post Reply
If your machine is Respironics BiPAP Auto M Series The setup instructions can be found HERE.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello and welcome to Apnea Board.

Not sure about your particular machine, but many have a setting for mask type. Your machine may be set for a different type of mask.

You said in your first post that the mask doesn't leak, but you don't know what's happening while you're asleep. Most of us use appropriate software to monitor our therapy, which gives us a view of what's happening all night long. #SleepyHead is the preferred program for most people, but I don't know if your machine is compatible with it. You might need to use Encore software. Alternatively, does the display screen on your machine give you an indication of leakage?
Post Reply Post Reply
If the machine turns off shortly after starting, there may be a faulty mask vent, most likely the anti-asphyxiation valve, but could be the mask vent as well. Compare the leak rate from your old and new mask by holding your hand over each vent location during use. Be sure to note the leak rate at the swivel connection to the hose as well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 202 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,152 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  candidate for bipap??? eok361 6 439 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: eok361
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,553 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  bipap Innisfree 2 415 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New to BIPAP, how does my data look? slaynie 4 519 12-11-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: slaynie
  new to bipap want the best experiance bssford460 3 520 11-16-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.