Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Bipap settings
RE: Help with Bipap settings
Somewhere along the way you lowered your PS from 3 to 2. Was there a particular reason for that? It has resulted in more flow limitation. Although the FL graph is by no means horrendous, the FLs do drive some pressure changes. People whose sleep is easily disrupted sometimes are awakened by the FLs themselves, or by the pressure changes they cause.

In addition to answering Sleeprider's question, could you explain the reasons behind the PS change?
Post Reply Post Reply
I may have done that by mistake and didn't realize I did that. I'll change it back to 3. My sleep does seem to get disturbed easily.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the information about the PS. And to follow up on Sleeprider's question, which settings so far have been most comfortable for you?

I realize there's yet another question: did you try Sleeprider's suggestion of raising the trigger sensitivity to high?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have changed the trigger to high. As far as most comfortable, I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you mean when I used cpap it was about a 7 or 8. For the Bipap, I've pretty much followed the instructions on here and have left the ipap at 12 and epap at 7. Ive tried to change the ipap to 13 and felt discomfort in my nose so moved it back to 12.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any new advice? I'm sorry to keep asking, but I'm trying really hard to make Bipap work and not do surgery if I can. Do I just need to be patient?
Post Reply Post Reply
PAP therapy does take a bit of time to make you feel better. There's time to optimize settings then time to repay the sleep debt accumulated during untreated Apnea timeframe.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Dave says, it can take time. Was the change in trigger sensitivity OK for you? Would you like to post another chart?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding. I guess I'm impatient because I've been using cpap on/off for like 3 years and thought the transition to Bipap would be faster if it is indeed better for me. I think the trigger helped and I'll post my results from last night when I get home.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my results from last night. Perhaps i need to look into trt in addition to bipap treatmeant.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What is "trt"? Your main problem remains uncontrolled leaks. Your AHI is very low, and pressure variation is more than reasonable, nearly fixed. These are excellent results. What would you change?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 14 184 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to BiPAP Therapy: Seeking Guidance on Settings Kevinbipap 4 135 Yesterday, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Kevinbipap
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 191 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 317 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 404 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 260 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 604 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.