Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Bipap settings
Help with Bipap settings
Just go a Bipap yesterday because it seems to be better for sleep apnea/uars than a regular cpap. My most recent sleep study has me with an ahi of 15 and a Rdi of 18. I managed to get a basic setting to start with and have downloaded oscar. After my first night, I feel a bit crappy, but have an Rdi of 2.07. Could someone help me with adjusting the settings? I've posted a picture of my oscar results from last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Bipap settings
Welcome, and congratulations on getting an excellent machine and using Oscar.

Could you do some reformatting and then post another screenshot? A fair amount of crucial information is missing from the first one. Here's what to do:

* Close the calendar (little triangle to the left of today's date).

* Close the right panel.

* Zoom all the way out so the graphs all show the whole night.

* Stack your graphs as follows:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Flow limitations
Snores.

To get those graphs into one screen shot, grab the horizontal gray bars that separate the graphs and move them upward. To change the order of your graphs, just drag them up or down.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bioshen!  -  Welcome
I need you to do a couple of things first, so we can better see your data.  First, click the little triangle next to the day, "Sat", in order to minimize your calendar.  You can also perform this step by either pressing the "F9" key or selecting it from View ⇾ Daily Calendar.   Next, you need to turn off the Right Sidebar.  This is done by either pressing the "F10" key or selecting this option in, View ⇾ Right Sidebar.  Finally, make sure that you have scrolled to the top of the screen in both the left "Statistics Window" and the right "Graphs Window".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like this? I think I did it right.

Post Reply Post Reply
Almost! We do need to see the left panel, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I think I got it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK good on the chart. It appears your mask fit or adjustment is causing some brief but high leak bursts. It's likely a cause for sleep disruptions. Events that are highest are Central, which are probably going to be treatment emergent AKA using the PAP has increased your venting of CO2 that your body hasn't had time to adjust to yet.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took my mask off a couple times to go to the bathroom, perhaps those are the times. As of now, should I just stay the course and keep the same settings or do I need to adjust anything?
Post Reply Post Reply
If it was comfortable or at least as good as can be expected, I'd go again with same settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Dave. Let’s see how things settle in with these settings before considering any fine-tuning. Could you post another chart in a couple of days? Be sure to describe how rested you’re feeling. When your numbers are good, the experience is at least as important.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,599 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP to BiPAP transition and pressure settings ttodd 4 675 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.