Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Bipap settings
RE: Help with Bipap settings
Ok will do. So this might be a stupid question, but for the past couple of months I've been using cpap again getting used to it again and while it's helped, it still left me tired. Is there a period I need to wait for me to adjust to how the Bipap works as well even though it seems like I was getting used to cpap again? I understand the basics that it has an inhale and exhale breathing function, but was curious because if the change is drastic enough that my body just needs to get used to the way it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to discourage, but yes there can be a time period where you are using PAP therapy and it doesn't seem to be paying you with better rest or other benefits. Some like myself took about a month before improvements start making you feel better. Just don't quit, it will pay off. You have to be consistent and it'll mean better rest.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
help with bipap settings
I posted here a few days ago and was told to post again after a few days. I've been diagnosed with mild/moderate sleep apnea with my most recent sleep study showing me to have an ahi of 15 and an rdi of 18. Right now, I've been using my bipap for about a week now and have had previous experience of using a cpap for the past few years. Currently, I feel a difference with using a cpap/bipap, but still feel very tired. Is there anything I need to adjust currently to possibly help with this issue?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
bioshen7 - I have merged your newest post into your old thread.  Please keep them together.  

Also, please use the F12 key to take a screenshot.  This will minimize the calendar and provide the statistical data below it when taking the screenshot.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is nothing wrong with Cpap only. It depends on how you accept therapy. 

Centrals most times happen when you begin therapy and go away as your body gets accustomed to the therapy. But sometimes the don’t go away AND you are treated better with straight Cpap (the same pressure for inhale and exhale) without EPR. I DON’T know how long you have been trying to adjust  but it is up to you to decide which therapy is best for you.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
bioshen, sometimes we can set the trigger sensitivity on high and reduce the CA events. Default is medium. Give a setting of High a try and let me know if that helps.

Next time you post a chart, be sure to minimize the calendar so more useful information shows up. Just click the triangle next to the date.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response, I'll set the trigger to high.
Post Reply Post Reply
My numbers look good lately, but I've been feeling worse than when I was using cpap. I don't know what to do because I feel like i've been waking up more lately as well. Is it possible that cpap mode is the better option for me?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What were your settings that felt best?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
For cpap? I put it at around 7-8.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 6 84 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 166 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 291 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 386 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 247 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 588 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,723 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.