Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Dreamwear nasal cushion issue
Help with Dreamwear nasal cushion issue
I took my Respironics Dreamwear mask apart yesterday to clean it and when I went to put it back together I'm having an issue that I need help with.  The nasal cushions are supposed to snap into the main flexible body of the mask but when I tried to put it back together it would not seat properly.  There were two hard plastic parts that look as it they came out of the nasal cushion and when I attempted to put them back into the cushions they don't appear to want to stay in.  I eventually got them to stay but this morning one side popped out again.  Has anyone experienced this issue with the two hard plastic clips not staying in the nasal cushion?  If so were you ever able to resolve this short of buying a replacement cushion?  Naturally this would happen on a weekend when my provider is closed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Dreamwear nasal cushion issue
This answer is based on a post about a P10 problem awhile back. Certain mask parts are indexed, even though they appear to be symmetrical. Have you tried rotating the part 180º?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Dreamwear nasal cushion issue
The clear plastic clips that snap into the frame do appear to have a wider ridge on one side.  I flipped them around and they appeared to seat a bit better.  I re-cleaned the silicone nasal cushion again with a soap I use to clean my hands before inserting my contacts.  It seemed to me that the silicone was greasy when I put it together last night and this morning.  The soap I used today is different than the soap I used yesterday.  It's still mild but really does an excellent job on getting grease off.  We'll see how it goes.  Thanks for the reply.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 658 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.