Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with EPAP/IPAP/PS settings on my BiPAP Auto Philips System One
RE: Help with EPAP/IPAP/PS settings on my BiPAP Auto Philips System One
You can try 7-10, which is with PS 3 as you are now. The ResMed will be far more comfortable and better therapy. We can see charts and advise after trying it out. Make sure to say how you felt during and after use.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with EPAP/IPAP/PS settings on my BiPAP Auto Philips System One
When I last replied to you back in September, you had experienced what you described as comfortable sleep. Although your AHI was a bit over 2/hour, there was no obvious obstruction, and the hypopnea flags are pretty typical for Philips. I suggested we might look at some zoomed closeups of the flow rate. Why do you think you'd like to try a different machine? The Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto transitions the IPAP/EPAP pressure is a way that feels more natural than the Philips. As far as settings, with the Vauto, we can use the automatic pressure and see what happens. I would use it in Vauto mode, with EPAP min 6.0, PS 3, Max pressure 12.0 for a range from 9/6 to 12/9. At least with the Resmed we see some better feedback on flow limitation and a more responsive auto algorithm. Your 60 Series BiPAP is getting pretty old, and if you're going to update I completely recommend getting the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto, and think you will find it much more comfortable and effective. I did.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,073 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 203 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,315 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 257 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 383 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.