Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Hubby's numbers- new user
Help with Hubby's numbers- new user
My husband recently starting using CPAP.  Since we both have one, you can hear a pin drop at night.  

Can you please take a looks at his numbers and let me know if you have any suggestions.  He has to get up frequently during the night for bathroom visits, about every hour.  He also has an issue with his blood pressure his blood pressure increases when he lays down.  He working with his cardiologist to get this resolved as well as other cardiac issues.    

He also complains that humidity causes to much water in his hose, but he needs the humidity as his mouth and nose dry out.  We are trying to get him a heated hose.  

He has a Dream Station DSX50011C.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sleepy Time
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Hubby's numbers- new user
I would raise the min to 8 and see how it went. I think it should clear some stuff up.
If the cluster periods are when he is awake/going to sleep, they are not counted. The CA are probably new user and will resolve within 12 weeks, if they are of a concern, you can turn the flex off which often settles them down. There may also be some chin tucking that closes the airway. chin to chest. This can also be worked on and some need a $10 foam collar.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
He might benefit from Biotene to help the dry mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestion. We adjusted the pressure and I'll suggest the collar.  I have one that I can't use.  I actually have a couple of Biotine samples plus a few of the melts.  That may help as well.  Thanks again.  

I forgot to mention that he is using a FF mask,  F20.
Post Reply Post Reply
The leaks are fine, 25 on a philips is good, they measure differently. I think he is just mouthbreathing with the f20. Humidity will help a bit, as will biotene. but I still have a bad night and wake with a tongue like parched leather. Chin strap may help, mouth guard and taping etc. I'd probably start with the chin strap, a few dollars off of ebay. Or a headband around the house may fit.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sandyelle,
I wish your husband good luck on his CPAP journey.
You could try a hose cover. You can either purchase one or, make it out of old socks. Cut the toes out of them and sew them together the length of the hose. Put a rubber band on each end to hold it in place.
Good luck to you both with CPAP therapy, and WELCOME!..
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 122 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 356 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,021 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 512 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 540 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] AM97 Therapy Thread: Help me interpret OSCAR and get my numbers right am97 6 779 07-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.