Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to pick a machine
How to pick a machine
I was recently told I need a machine. My insurance will pay 50% of it.  After I started looking into it I might be better of purchasing the machine out right myself vs the insurance as it seems most place jack them up for the people with coverage.    I the machine I like is the ResMed 1o auto.  I have also seen a few other ones but I keep coming back to that one.   Is there  any one who could give me the pros and cons of that and a few other machinches?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to pick a machine
Welcome

Here's something to read on machine choices:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Beware of correct machine titles also. I believe you are referring to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.
Probably the most popular machine out there.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
"Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for her" is probably the best machine currently available. Note that the "for her" model is preferable, even if you are a man.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet and Philips Respironcis DreamStation Auto are great machines, you cannot go wrong with either 
Not sure which machine is the greatest, but I go with ResMed as I'm most familiar with
The best thing I like about ResMed machine is the display on the screen of daily sleep report which provide me with comprehensive data at a glance
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2017, 05:13 AM)tedgreen Wrote: "Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for her" is probably the best machine currently available. Note that the "for her" model is preferable, even if you are a man.

Ah, but I said most popular.
One could debate as to whether the for her algorithm is best. (And it may well be.)
It's a bit slower on the attack that the non-for her.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The regular Airsense 10 autoset now has a response setting of "comfort" or "normal". Comfort will have a slower response to events. In some countries, the "for her" model still has some additional features compared to the standard model.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Waldorbigbill,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you start CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If for some reason you need to upgrade to a more expensive machine your insurance will cover at least part of that, but only if you use your insurance for your first machine.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airsense 10 Autoset With SlimLine Tubing (37207) is on sale from a seller on Amazon for $440. That's a bargain that will let you easily afford an upgrade to climateline tubing ($40) if you decide you need it. You can mess around looking for better deals, but I'd be all over this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 261,273 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,775 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,299 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Newby trying to pick DME. Emil Faber 8 1,784 08-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Emil Faber
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,737 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
Idea Help me pick a FFM please Hydrangea 20 3,410 03-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Appointment to pick up new ASV . . . ruach 4 1,706 03-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Dawei

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.