Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10
How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10
Hi. I'm in the second week of a month trial, and for my first week I was able to adjust the temperature setting easily from the menu. I had an appointment on Friday and since then I cannot find temperature! My menu now has ramp time, humidity level, pressure relief but no temp. It feels like it's just blowing cold air and I've ended up taking it off at around 2am each night as the inside of my nose is sore. It's a public holiday here today so I can't call my clinic for help, was hoping someone in here can assist me?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10
If you do not have a heated hose, then humidity level is all you have.

Did they replace your hose?

Also check under hose type and see if it says Slimline or Climateline. The Climateline is the heated hose.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you don't have a ClimateLine hose connected. That will be the only time a temperature is displayed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes now that I look at it, the house does seem narrower than the one I had last week. Why would she have changed my hose? She didn't say anything about doing that...
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't mention which machine you are using for your trial, but a heated hose will have some electrical contacts at the end connected to the machine; it will look like a large extra bump. The unheated hoses have plain round rubber tubing going onto the machine.
On my ResMed machine, the clinician can allow or disallow the user to change both the temperature and humidity settings. It's possible they may have locked you out for some reason - but they should have told you why.
Post Reply Post Reply
At the risk of being corny, It sounds like you literately got "hosed" by the doctor's office.  .  . I couldn't resist. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2017, 07:09 PM)dee73 Wrote: Yes now that I look at it, the house does seem narrower than the one I had last week. Why would she have changed my hose? She didn't say anything about doing that...

On a guess, and being totally cynical - because they can sell it to someone else for $80.  Or back to you, for that matter.  We have a local supplier whose current RT seems to be really prone to doing things like exactly this.  For instance... CPAP Clinic advertises the ResMed Airsense in 2 bundles - one with the ClimateLine and one with the standard Slimline.  The price difference is $35.  Their price for just the hose is $52, so there is a bit of a markup if you buy it separately.  This local RT sells them for $80, and tells people that there is no bundle that includes it.  A friend of mine started CPAP, got his Autoset machine there, and brought it to me so I could check it out, and teach him more about it...  I noticed it was a "For Her" model.  He then mentioned that it came out of the box with the white cover with flowers... RT swapped *covers* and sold it to him.  And gave him a receipt for an Elite... standard CPAP.  My guess is that he's entering sales as the cheaper Elite, submitting them to ADP as Autosets, and making about $200 extra... before he sells off the Climateline hoses.

And this isn't a single data point decision - I've had 3 other people tell me similar things.

In *this* case, though, I sent my friend back to get a proper receipt... what happens when he has a problem with the machine and tries to get it serviced under warranty?  "Um... this isn't the receipt for this machine..."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 473 6 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,931 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,337 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,015 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 181 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.