Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help. No idea what I’m doing
Help. No idea what I’m doing
Ok. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 5 yrs ago. Given a dream station and dream full face mask. Did 30 days for insurance purposes and then quit using it because I HATED it. Now, after learning more about how sleep apnea affects more than I knew, I’m back at it. However, my AHI is Much higher than before, around 9-18. And my eyes are so dry, along with my mouth. I’m now using an eye mask as well. I’m actually sleeping better this time however and getting a solid 8 hrs in. 100% mask fit. Why would my AHI and my Periodic breathing both go up so much?  I am waiting on replacements although the mask and all seem like new, maybe 4 plus years in storage damaged something? Or I’m just that much worse now? 

Reading what I can here. Can’t get Oscar to work. I’m giving it my all this time! 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help. No idea what I’m doing
Welcome to the group.  There is very little we can do with such limited information. We are data driven and we get that data from Oscar. 

To get help what problems are you having with Oscar?  What type of computer? What is your operating system?

We can help but we need data to do that.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I guess I'm also not very computer savvy..I thought Oscar could be put on my iPad but I guess not. I am now downloading it to my iMac. perhaps that will help. And yes, Ill try and figure that out and then retrieve some data. It's a little overwhelming learning all this at once. I didn't even know there were different kinds of sleep apnea. ha! so you see where I'm at!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Read this:  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-ONE-USERS

The dreamstation 1 is recalled.

This should help
Start at #4.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help

Welcome

Dont give up...  Read my story in my signature.  Check out my AHI.. Smile
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board!

As others have said, we will need to take a look at what it says in OSCAR - there are a number of reasons your AHI might be higher. It may just be your body getting used to the therapy, it may be something else, but we can obviously give you a better idea when we see the charts. It's also worth bearing in mind that a sleep study is just one snapshot of data - if you weren't sleeping as well, or as long, or were just having a "good" night, then your figures may vary, too. If you haven't already, make sure there is an SDCard inserted in the CPAP machine.

Did you have a sleep study done? If so, do you have a copy of the results? Those would be really useful to see, to figure out what's going on, and if APAP/CPAP is the right kind of therapy for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any idea what's causing such low flow rate? stevew77 1 388 10-01-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,055 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod
Question Can someone give a general idea what is going on here? SleepMonster12 9 1,078 01-17-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: SleepMonster12
  Dreamstation foam filter idea ? DaveCar 1 1,537 08-15-2021, 11:35 PM
Last Post: aquanaut20
  [Equipment] Settings for Resmed 10 Autoset? No idea. EricE 5 1,097 01-21-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Dreamwear mask air vent idea Ulfius 4 2,574 06-20-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: optimalsleep
  So genius, I HAD to share the idea!! Bweekzzz 7 1,765 10-04-2019, 01:18 AM
Last Post: chill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.