Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with OSCAR data.
Help with OSCAR data.
I have been using my CPAP since 2016. Not much has changed with machine settings since then. I feel like I am getting good sleep. I never really looked at the data too much. But downloaded OSCAR and was looking at the data and it looks good to me. But I really don't know what I'm looking for. So figured I'd post my last few days to see what you guys think and if there are any recommendations you have for me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with OSCAR data.
(03-13-2022, 02:04 PM)alarsen77 Wrote: I feel like I am getting good sleep. 

Data looks fine, if you were complaining about sleep quality I would give a couple ideas to try out but since you feel like you are getting good sleep you are best sticking with what you are doing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please remove the calendar by clicking on the triangle in the dateline. That is hiding some important information.

I can not see your EPR BUT looking as your pressures it looks like you have it set to 0 or 1.

Set your EPR to 3 FULL TIME.

That should make it easier to exhale and stop the large pressure swings.

Try when you post again to include flow limits chart.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is just one day with more of the graphs and the calendar hidden. I was t thinking about the extra data when I took the screenshots. 

I feel like I am getting good sleep but there are still some days that I am still a bit tired. I fight with mouth breathing I do know that. I have tried a chinstrap which seems to help a bit, but not completely. My wife said before the chinstrap the leaking sound would wake her up. 

I will change the EPR to 3. It was on 1 and full time right now. I just wasn't 100% sure if my current pressure settings were correct or should be adjusted in anyway either.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that is about what I thought. I would also raise min to 8. Not much of a change
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Since your current settings are providing a low AHI and plus you are feeling good, any modifications would be just to play.   The standard rule-of-thumb (there are always exceptions) is the EPAP pressure controls hypopneas and some OAs.  For this reason, if your current EPAP pressure is preventing hypopneas and OAs, then an increase in the lower pressure should match the same increase of the EPR setting.   Since you are at an EPR of 1, increasing it to 3 as recommended would necessitate increasing your minimum pressure by 2 cm.  Your maximum pressure is high enough that it doesn't need any change.

It's your call if you want to jack around with the settings.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR has some therapeutic effects but is largely a comfort feature. You can get an idea of how changing EPR affects the machine operation by adjusting it while your machine is running and seeing what feels best to you. Many find higher EPR to be more comfortable but not all do.

As mentioned changing EPR and pressure by the same amount keeps EPAP (pressure that prevents airway from collapsing) the same so 7.6/1, 8.6/2 and 9.6/3 all have the same min EPAP of 6.6.

Feel free to play around with EPR settings (0-3) and min pressures ranging from 6-10. Make one change at a time and run it for multiple days. You are unlikely to see significant changes in your data so you need to base results on how you feel. This is why I originally said don't bother changing anything because you said you feel you sleep good.

Crimson "play" is a good word, you are just testing minor changes out to see if anything is actually better. If in doubt go back to what you were using before.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 40 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 57 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 72 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 150 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.