Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Oscar data newly diagnosed 55 AHI
RE: Help with Oscar data newly diagnosed 55 AHI
The ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV is the one and it's what I myself run.

I've noted some here mentioned hose or other plastic smells. One solution is to rinse and dry then try it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your current standard hose and mask are compatible.
Do you know someone with a SoClean? I'm suggesting this ozone-based "cleaner" for the deodorizing capability of the ozone.
Or try some Ozonium for the same purpose.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV I linked is the correct therapy for all of your current conditions. You can expect AHI will be less than 2.0 and probably less than 1.0 with ASV. The Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV is the very best machine for treating complex, central apnea and periodic breathing (CSR). If you take this shortcut to therapy, your will be eliminating at least 2 or 3 sleep studies, and possibly more, as well as trials of bilevel, and Bilevle ST machines. By demonstrating efficacy on ASV your will eventually convince your doctors and insurnace of your needs, but they will have you run a marathon of futility to get there within the system.

The usual procedure is described in this wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...+PAP&go=Go It will be 8-months to a year before you get treated...or you can spend $700 and do it next week. I'm just trying to help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2019, 07:41 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The ASV I linked is the correct therapy for all of your current conditions.  You can expect AHI will be less than 2.0 and probably less than 1.0 with ASV.  The Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV is the very best machine for treating complex, central apnea and periodic breathing (CSR).  If you take this shortcut to therapy, your will be eliminating at least 2 or 3 sleep studies, and possibly more, as well as trials of bilevel, and Bilevle ST machines. By demonstrating efficacy on ASV your will eventually convince your doctors and insurnace of your needs, but they will have you run a marathon of futility to get there within the system.  

The usual procedure is described in this wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...+PAP&go=Go  It will be 8-months to a year before you get treated...or you can spend $700 and do it next week.  I'm just trying to help.
Rest assured we will support you whichever way that you choose to go.
The timeframes that Sleeprider states above are accurate based on user experience here
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunate the timing aspect mentioned is a reality. I should know, I needed to go the longer harder road so I could get insurance to pay up. I think it took my issuance of BPAP to issuance of ASV about 7 months with a titration on ASV thrown in there. I had segments of time with daily weekday calls to insurance, DME, or doc to find out when it was to be delivered. Whatever you decide, we'll help however we can.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am in the UK but went out of pocket and bought my own machine 3 months in so I could be adequately treated. I purchased the older S9 version of the machine as I had a great deal at the time
Post Reply Post Reply
Argh, you people are scaring me...
it's clear I'll be biting the bullet to purchase an Aircurve 10 ASV. I can't endure a "marathon of futility" the way I'm feeling (or the costs.)
I'm pretty certain now I can order correctly amongst the slight name variations I've found online.

I wonder though whether Vendor #2 will find my "prescription" adequate for ASV? All I have is the intake prescription form from the DME with Auto-CPAP checked and 4- 20 written in for cmH2O.
Is this likely to be a problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
Found my answer.
Of course, my E0601Auto-CPAP prescription won't get me an ASV machine through a commercial supplier. I'll just have to deal with my private party breathing machine phobias.

And I now better understand some comments made...  I'm brand new to all of this to the point of looking up every acronym (sometimes repeatedly since new learning taxes my addled brain.) Please understand when I don't grasp what should be clear and straightforward or not need repeating, I'm not ignoring or discounting what is said... I'm just slow on the pick up. 

5 min 5 max resulted in a higher AHI again (to 28 from 18) so I went back to 5 min and 7 max last night. 
I made it through the first 4 hours sleeping on my side - instead of back - and those 4 hours were approx 4.7 AHI  !!
After a bathroom break I think I rolled to partial back pretty quickly so the last 2 hours were approx 16 AHI for an overall 8.61 AHI. 
Best AHI of 11 nights and no CSR noted for the first time.

I slept poorly with more wakefulness than usual and a backache but obviously I'll be training myself to sleep on my side.

I'm open to further pressure change suggestion or any other guidance.

I've decided to purchase a private party Aircurve 10 ASV but haven't jumped yet.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK when you do get one be sure to post it and we'll give pointers on setup, probably suggesting a device reset first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back after 2 nights getting used to an Aircurve 10 ASV. 
It's amazing to see the 0.28 AHI 
(especially sleeping on my back!)

Previously with the AirSense 10 Autoset it was nearly all CA with an AHI of 3-14 on my side and 17-60 +CSR on my back 
(due to back pain I'm unable to sleep more than 4 hours on my side.)

I need to "blow back" at the AirCurve a couple times early on for it to sync better with my breathing and it's noisier but otherwise, no complaints.

Attached Oscar screenshot is my second night with the Aircurve ASV on its default settings. I can't imagine how it could be improved but if anyone has suggestions for change I'd appreciate the guidance.

I am incredibly grateful to everyone who has participated in paving my road to this point. I'm hopeful I'm now on my way to better health... 
Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 117 Today, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 138 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,376 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 300 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 216 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 136 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 400 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.