Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Resmed card fail
Help with Resmed card fail
Can someone please give me some advice on what to do - problem

Took the card out of my Resmed machine this morning and read the data on my laptop.

When I went to put the card back into the machine, it wont click and hold the card in the machine. It just pops back out

What should I do ??????????
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Resmed card fail
Well, the only thought I have is that you inserted either upside down or backwards, but I almost (but not totally) embarassed to suggest that. I have not heard of this issue with any SD card.

(01-21-2013, 05:33 PM)worthog Wrote: Can someone please give me some advice on what to do - problem

Took the card out of my Resmed machine this morning and read the data on my laptop.

When I went to put the card back into the machine, it wont click and hold the card in the machine. It just pops back out

Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried to put mine in upside down and it wouldn't go in the machine.

If it is locked, it will go in and just say "It's locked. Unlock it, ya nut." or something like that.

So no clue why it would pop back out. Cross your eyes harder.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Upside down (meaning shiny part is up) won't go in, but backwards will go in but just won't stay in, so maybe it is backwards (meaning shiny part did not go in first)?

(01-21-2013, 05:59 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I just tried to put mine in upside down and it wouldn't go in the machine.

If it is locked, it will go in and just say "It's locked. Unlock it, ya nut." or something like that.

So no clue why it would pop back out. Cross your eyes harder.

Post Reply Post Reply
LOL I didn't try backwards.

Yes, shiny side up wouldn't go in. I would assume it is a shape thing. I would assume backwards wouldn't either.

Okay, I tried it out!

If contacts up, no matter what direction, it won't go in at all.

If right side up (paper up, contacts down) but backwards (non-contacts end going in first), the card will actually go in but won't set. It will pop back out.

My machine is, like, "Hey, are you drunk or something?"
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
are you correctly inserting the card
give the contact gentle rub, move the lock on the card few times and try again (be gentle and slow) in unlock position

if my solution did not work, try another card

sound like the spring inside the machine gone bad
in this case the only fix would be to have the machine repaired
your machine have two years warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2013, 05:33 PM)worthog Wrote: Took the card out of my Resmed machine this morning and read the data on my laptop. When I went to put the card back into the machine, it wont click and hold the card in the machine. It just pops back out

There is a little spring mechanism, and a small catch on the SD card slot. You might try a little canned air, with the small red tubing attached to the canned air nossle, to the inside of the SD card slot. The mechanism is on the side of the slot, almost near the contacts (See picture)

S9's have a 2 year warranty. Take it back to where you bought it.

Unless you are real good with small mechanics, it is unlikely you can fix it yourself. Most likely a piece of dirt go stuck in the latch mechanism, as it is supposed to move back and forth for each insertion and removal. It is possible, but not recommended to pull the covers off, and clean the mechanism, or even remove the latching part. Unfortunately the card part is on the unsderside of the PC Board, meaning you will need to remove the covers and the PC Board to access the mechanism fully.

I have sucessfully done this, and that is where the pictures came from on this board, and can explain the procedure, but I do not recommend it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2013, 06:20 PM)SPOUSE Wrote: Upside down (meaning shiny part is up) won't go in, but backwards will go in but just won't stay in, so maybe it is backwards (meaning shiny part did not go in first)?

(01-21-2013, 05:59 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I just tried to put mine in upside down and it wouldn't go in the machine.

HINT: The label goes "up" - just like floppy disks if you've ever used those. Or CDs I suppose. They still often make them label side up.
I guess it's an industry standard no matter what you're using.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, take the water tank out before messing with the machine.

Definitely try another card. If you still have a problem and can't fix the latch, you may be able to make it work if you can somehow kludge up something to hold the card in. It's definitely a kludge, though. I had a camera with a broken SD card latch, but closing the cover on the battery compartment held it in well enough to make it work.

BTW, I puzzled over the mysterious mechanism that kept you from putting the card in backwards for some time. Playing with it, I kept imagining some sort of fancy mechanical mechanism that detected the card was inserted the wrong way and blocked it from going in further.

I finally looked at it carefully and realized that the SD card cross section is not rectangular. The bottom edges of the card are cut out, and it's sort of a "keyhole" type arrangement.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help everyone

Yes I was putting the card in the right way

I believe its a fault of the spring retaining clip in the S9 as I have tried another card and that doesnt work either.

Have now got a call into the supplier, to claim under the 2 year warranty

Lets see what they say, just waiting for the return phone call
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,041 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 412 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 391 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 291 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 341 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.