Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Resmed card fail
That's a shame! While I'm sorry you won't get the detailed data, I am glad it is still under warranty!
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have had trouble with the cards themselves failing, but I never had a problem putting the card in my S8 except when I put it in the wrong slot and it got swallowed. Good luck with the warranty issues, keep us posted. It may be something they can easily repair.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2013, 09:56 PM)worthog Wrote: Thanks for your help everyone

Yes I was putting the card in the right way

I believe its a fault of the spring retaining clip in the S9 as I have tried another card and that doesnt work either.

Have now got a call into the supplier, to claim under the 2 year warranty

Lets see what they say, just waiting for the return phone call

I used to do hardware service, and have seen this kind of latch mechanism fail in other devices similar to the SD card slot. It's amazing how poor these latches are, and how simply they can fail. A piece of dirt, just in the right place, can cause this not to work. Also the little latch is a thin piece of metal, and the catch can wear out.

Now I'm worried about mine, as I take mine out everyday.

I'm glad yours is still under warranty yet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed S9 SD card no longer works rpc981 4 178 10-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Resmed Airsense 10 SD card fitmart 11 448 10-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Anaja09
Cool Reading Resmed data card Busdriver58 6 352 08-31-2017, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Busdriver58
  ResMed AirSense 10--SD data card? Agabaga 40 2,366 08-25-2017, 09:32 PM
Last Post: NotADr
Sad Resmed S8 excessive noise and need data card AMISHCNTRY 3 195 08-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 31 33,496 03-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself? FormerFed 19 5,060 11-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Last Post: PreciousRoy