Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with S8 loaner
Smile 
Help with S8 loaner

SO I have borrowed a loaner for tonight (see thread emergency help. My cpap has gotten injured, my beloved Resmed s10 airsense)

I have an Resmed S8 here. It appears to be a flat c-pap? also appears to offer no EPR.
It also happens to have no water chamber with. I hope it is still better than no-pap.

Anyone have advice on how I should set this as a flat pressure c-pap for the best results, given that I am used to an Auto-adjusting c-pap?

Should I go with the 90 percent pressure from my past sleepyhead readings?
or?

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Late night help advice?
somewhere between 50% and 90% anyway... have not seen your data --- 90% is what a lot of folk recommend
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Late night help advice?
What is the name on the top of the machine? It should say Autoset, Elite, or something like that.

Changed your subject line to get the help you need faster.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with S8 loaner
Re- Paula what do you recommend for a subject line? What pressure setting should I use?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with S8 loaner
I'd set i t at your 90% pressure. I used the S-8 Elite for like 6 years and I thought it was great. I had self-titrated with weight gain just by going by how I felt I was sleeping and it was exactly what my 90% pressure was when I upgraded to an auto. FWIW, I got a brand new S-8 Autoset II last year as a travel machine. I still think it's great. I don't use humidificaiton with hit. didn't use it with the original S-8 most half of the year.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 321 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  Does your DME provide a loaner if your xPAP needs repair? DariaVader 5 1,675 12-15-2017, 09:56 AM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Loaner Resmed Airsense not working with SleepyHead Zandor435 6 1,740 07-17-2017, 10:52 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Stuck with a brick during loaner... cate1898 17 4,137 09-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Last Post: cate1898
  I'm a loaner.. Yveylise 10 4,478 05-22-2014, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Yveylise
  Got my own machine today..no more loaner kitley 12 6,590 06-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.