Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Settings for Respironics System One (60 Series) RemStar BiPAP Auto
Gross 
RE: Help with Settings for Respironics System One (60 Series) RemStar BiPAP Auto
Any suggestions for settings changes? I was using a blue comfortgel full face mask but was having tons of leaks and waking multiple times a night. I had AHIs ranging from 3 to 11. I just switched to an Amara View full face mask. Last night I seemed to get a pretty good fit with less leaks. I've attached a screenshot and would appreciate any suggestions for settings changes.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Settings for Respironics System One (60 Series) RemStar BiPAP Auto
Events are mostly obstructive OA and H events with some snoring included. I will assume for now the CA events are not significant. Based on normal titration protocols, I recommend increasing minimum EPAP and a small increase in PS. Also, I find BiFlex at 3 to be a disruptive influence and most people do better at a lower setting. Recommendations:
Turn down the Flex level to 1 or 2.
Increase EPAP min to 7.0
Set PS min to 3.5
Turn off or reduce ramp time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I'll give that a try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 148 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 359,235 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 111 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 224 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Inspire system JThammer 15 382 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,826 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,015 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.