Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Using Oscar please
RE: Help with Using Oscar please
I did it! I hope the attached is accurate. What do you all think? Thanks again for all the help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The OSCAR chart looks good. Were you comfortable and able to sleep well? Unless there were symptoms or discomfort, I'd give it another night as is. We're not looking for zero events, but about where you're at now with a good comfort level.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for looking at it. I’m not sleeping well at all. Maybe 2-3 hours a night. I fall asleep and then wake up, fall asleep then wake up. It’s horrible.  It goes on all night long. I can’t function anymore. I looked at this chart and see all these events happening which to me explain why I’m not sleeping but what do I know?  I give up now. Thanks for the support.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, have you been using EPR and if so how was that going? If not being used, maybe you can try EPR 3 full time if it's not on already.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Idk. What is EPR? I’d have to look at the machine. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a Wiki definition: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...lief_(EPR)

I copied this from another post I made:
EPR = Expiratory Pressure Relief (a Resmed trademarked feature)
  • How it's employed on the CPAP:  IPAP - EPR = EPAP (EPAP can never be lower than 4 cmH2O)
  • The pressure settings on a CPAP are for normally both the IPAP and EPAP pressure.   When the EPR is employed, its value will be subtracted from the pressure or pressure range set and used for the EPAP pressure.  EPAP pressure can never be lower than 4 cmH2O, thus a pressure setting of 5 cmH2O and an EPR value of 3 will only result in your EPAP being 4cmH2O.  The full EPR value will not be utilized until the IPAP pressure is set to 7 cmH2O or higher.
  • EPR can only be set to a whole value from 1 to 3.
  • Allows the patient the ability to have a pseudo bi-level without the additional cost.  This feature is listed by Resmed as a "Comfort" feature.  In practice, this option has been found to aid in reducing flow limitations.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR IS exhale pressure relief. That the min pressure is going to be 1, 2 or 3 cm less on exhale than the min pressure (which ever setting you choose)

EPR does 2 things - makes exhale easier AND helps eliminate flow limits. 

Flow limits (see the bottom of the post for apnea classification) are smaller apnea and can cause sleep disruption.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm thinking EPR needs turned on in the clinical menu. In case you're not aware, clinical menu access is clicking and holding in both Home and Dial for about 5 seconds. Scroll down to EPR settings and turn it on full time at setting of 3. Once you're done editing click home then exit clinical.

Clinical Menu with EPR shown

[attachment=32363]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. The EPR is on and the level is at a 2. You’re saying to change it to a 3? 
I’m struggling with getting in to see the doctor cuz he’s so booked up.  He said the resmed results look good but I told the office if they looked good, why aren’t I sleeping and why am I always waking up?  I sent them the Oscar results and haven’t heard back. I feel like I’m losing my friggin mind from not sleeping. Thanks all for replying back.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I look at Oscard data today, the graph lines are gone. I didn't make any changes to this at all. can someone please help me to put the graph lines back in? I googled it and read the manual and can't find this anywhere.

This is what it looked like yesterday.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.