Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Using Oscar please
Help with Using Oscar please
Hello, I have been using Oscar for the past few days and I am having issues and I don't know how to fix it.  I have read and read the manual for days now and searched online and I'm at a loss. This is my last forum to reach out for help. 

I'm not sleeping well at all, can't function during the day because I'm so tired and want to be able to send the charts to my doctor. When he looks at ResMed, everything looks good to him. I barely sleep for 2 hours and toss and turn all night.  My pressure is on an 8 to start and goes up to 11, as it's an APAP ResMed Airsense machine.  I have a new Bleep mask that I'm using and still getting used to it. I am not new to CPAP, been a user since 2013.

1st issue is- how do I make the chart show a full night? go to sleep at 8:30pm and wake up 8:30am the next morning. I've scrolled left and right with the mouse clicks and I still can't do it. It's also in military time and it confuses the crap out of me.

2nd issue - the data for Sunday, May 16th and Monday, May 17th isn't in Oscar. I took the SIM card out of the machine today and reloaded it and there is no data for yesterday at all. 

Can anyone please help me?  Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Using Oscar please
Welcome to Apnea Board,

OK let's try this for question 1. If you're using a Windows PC try F12 to take a screenshot. If a Mac, others will have to fill you in as I've not used one.

Number 2: try to purge the data for the missing days then try a reload into OSCAR.

Once we see data then we can guide your PAP therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you leaving the SD card in the machine overnight? Is the card unlocked? Detailed data is written to the card only when the card is in the CPAP machine.

I'm sorry the 24-hour time notation is confusing you; OSCAR does not have an option to show time as AM/PM. To convert a PM time to 24-hours time, just add 12 hours to the PM number. If you go to bed at 8:30 pm, that will show as 20:30. Your chart should show from 20:30 until 8:30 the next morning.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes exactly on the 24 hour thing. Add 12 to anything between 1-11:59 PM.

1 PM equals 1300
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all and thank you for responding. 

I did purge and reload but didn’t work. I don’t know if the SD card is locked. It seems unlocked cuz there isn’t a password I have to enter. 

So add 12- I didn’t know that. I love how Oscar reads so much but it’s tiresome trying to figure it out, for me at least. 

So I take a screenshot of my chart beginning at 20:30? The increments on the chart are like every 15 minutes so I can’t capture the entire night.  Is there a way to do increments to show each hour instead of 15 minutes? 

So it says like 20:30, then 20:45, etc etc. 

How do I make it show 8:30pm, 9:30pm, 10:30pm, in the military time,  etc. or do I want the 15 minute increments? Sorry to ask so many questions but I really don’t know how to do it. 

Love to you all and thanks for helping me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure if this will answer what you're asking:

SD cards have a white tab on the edge that slides. Sliding back from the front might say Lock or like mine does symbols of lock and unlock.

[attachment=32329]

Here's a sample OSCAR. Is something like this tutorial sample similar to what you're seeing?

[attachment=32330]
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2021, 08:32 PM)dorilou28 Wrote: So I take a screenshot of my chart beginning at 20:30? The increments on the chart are like every 15 minutes so I can’t capture the entire night.  Is there a way to do increments to show each hour instead of 15 minutes? 

So it says like 20:30, then 20:45, etc etc. 

How do I make it show 8:30pm, 9:30pm, 10:30pm, in the military time,  etc. or do I want the 15 minute increments? Sorry to ask so many questions but I really don’t know how to do it.

The Daily chart should automatically show the entire day from the beginning to end of CPAP machine use. That would be 20:30 to 8:30 in your case. Just take a screenshot of the Daily page to show the entire day. The increments shown will depend on the size of your display area and the total number of hours the machine was in use. OSCAR adjusts the interval size automatically so that the entire night is visible

To see finer detail, left-click on any graph to zoom in.  You can zoom in as much as you want and see more detail than is useful.  Right-click to zoom out.  Or, press down-arrow on keyboard to zoom in and up-arrow to zoom out.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the graphs and for writing me back. I think I have a better understanding than I did before. I’ll check the SD card tomorrow. 

Dave, my screen shot looks like yours with two exceptions- the right side blue area. Mine isn’t there and your graph is every half hour and mine is every 15 minutes.   
I think the 15 minutes for all day and overnight, makes it harder to capture the entire night? I’ll play with it tomorrow. 
Tomorrow I’m gonna post my graph and maybe folks can tell me what they see. 

Thanks again for these instructions. This is what I needed- someone to walk me thru this stuff.  ? talk to you folks tomorrow. Sleep well everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are some examples of how OSCAR adjusts the interval depending on the elapsed time between start of the first session and end of the last session. These examples are mostly from "short" nights.

Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh interesting. Thanks for showing me this. I’m gonna go look at Oscar now and hopefully my data downloaded from last night.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.