Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with battery
Thumbsdown 
Help with battery
Hi! I’m traveling to Morocco and want to get a battery backup.  I have an Air Mini. Looking for reliable lightweight battery suggestions.  I need information on how the suggested ones work such as does it hook into your machine and just start if electricity goes off. i’m
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with battery
Travelling with a battery is more complicated than just picking the best one. Due to fire hazards, lithium ion batteries are restricted to 100 Watt-hours maximum size and a maximum total of 160 Watt-hours. The Resmed Airmini using a DC to DC 24 VDC converter uses approximately 0.50 amps at 12 cmH2O pressure. You can consult the Resmed Battery Guide here https://document.resmed.com/documents/ar...lo_eng.pdf

The Medistrom Pilot-24 Lite Battery for the ResMed AirMini™ Travel CPAP is rated at 96 AH and includes everything you need to hook up the Airmini and uses the Airmini AC adapter to recharge, so it is a solution that works well and complies with FAA requirements. Your main challenge is to plan ahead to carry the correct AC plug adapter like this https://www.amazon.com/Morocco-Adapter-A...7SNN3?th=1
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much!  I was thinking of bringing a power strip and plugging my cpap into the power strip and the power strip into the adapter you suggested.  Do you think it will work?
Post Reply Post Reply
A power strip is always a good idea, especially travelling within the U.S. where many motels have a shortage of bedside outlets. Remember that anything you take must be compatible with standard voltage of 127V with a standard frequency of 50Hz compared with U.S. power standard of 110 Volt 60 cycle. The voltage tolerances are printed on the back of most power strips and adapters. Your Resmed Airmini AC adapter works on AC power from 100-240 Volts 50-60 Hz, so it is an international device and will work fine in Morroco on a Type C plug adapter. A power strip may not be compatible, and even if it is compatible, anything you plug into it must be compatible with the local power standard.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for this information. I am not versed in electricity and really appreciate the information. 

You said that anything plugged in must also comply.  I am looking for a battery in case power fails snd for our one night in the desert - so i should check the charger too?  What about our iphones and ipad?
Post Reply Post Reply
All of your devices can operate and recharge from the Medistrom power pack. There are similar battery packs that cost less, but I'm reluctant to go there unless you really understand something that is not an out-of-the-box solution. Keep the battery pack charged and it will get you through the trip and can recharge your devices and operate your CPAP when needed. When power is available, charge the devices to minimize demand on the power pack. Your phone, iPad and CPAP all will work with international power and AC adapters. I just got a 2-port USB-C charger that would be an excellent high-speed charger with USB-C to lightning and USB-C to USB-C cables for your phone and iPad. Think about what you need, then get things that are as compact as possible for travel. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M9M2V7X?psc...ct_details
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much!  Your information is great!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just one more question if you don’t mind.  I was trying to research the medistrom charger and now I’m not sure exactly what things I need snd the order that they go in.  I would think I need the 2 prong adapter, then into that adapter I could plug a Power strip/or cube and then into the Power strip/cube I would put the Medistrom Charger and into the medistrom charger would be my Air Mini?  

The reviews say that if you use the Air Mini cord to charge the charger when the Cpap is not connected Takes hours so one person seemed to say to use a different cord for faster charging of the Medistrom battery?  Sorry to keep asking but I want to get it right.
Post Reply Post Reply
When it comes to USB chargers, the old USB A charge adapters only provide 2.5 amps or 5 Watts. The new USB C smart chargers can deliver as much charge current as the device will accept up to 100 watts. The Anker charger above has two 40 watt ports, but these are smart chargers and you can get higher power 100 Watt ports that can fully charge a laptop in 2-hours if they can accept the input power, they just cost more. https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerPort-C...B09B33D76V

I think the concern for slow charging the Medistrom battery is when using a DC charge adapter (car cigarette plug) instead of the AC adapter for the AirMini. As far as I know it is 20 Watts, and that is close to the maximum current this battery pack will take. You can still charge it using a USB-C output if you get an adapter cord. https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Type...B01GGKYLW0 I would just use the Resmed Airmini AC adapter.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 79 Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,820 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 249 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,437 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon
  Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery BKeeper 21 3,498 01-08-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Battery pack for Resmed Airsense 10 Jantoe 15 3,884 12-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.