Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with data
Help with data
I am going on day 20-24, I was running a min of 9 pressure and having AHI in the 3-4 range. I lower my min to 7.5 to see what would happen and my AHI has dropped but my vib snore has jumped up. What changes should I make now if any?

[Image: 8yMBE7Ul.png]

[Image: bTfsPNYl.png]

[Image: DdjrDfDl.png]

[Image: TWr8tGMl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with data
I wouldn't have lowered the start pressure. If anything, it should have been left at 9 or even 10.

I'm not an expert with bipap settings, but your pressure support mat need adjusted.
I'm bumping this thread and someone with bipap experience will advise.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd try and get the leak rate down if I were you. Consider tightening the straps a bit, or change the pillow size.

My personal experience - for what it's worth - is that even small leaks can have quite a significant outcome on the number of flow limitations and events I have.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, your leak rate is great...people not familiar with PRS1 leak reporting, don't realize there is a total leak line and net-leak that considers intentional mask leak. Yours is near zero.

If the snores don't bother you, I wouldn't target my therapy to deal with it. It seems the lower EPAP pressure may be helping reduce the complex pressure induced apnea and hypopnea that occur at higher pressures. From your earlier experience, you seem to have much higher spontaneous breathing rates, and fewer machine assisted breaths. The results "look" great! I think it comes down to how do you feel?

Therapy for you will be a balance or trade-off between minimizing the apnea you experience with PAP, and the need to treat OA. You seem to have done pretty good. At this point, any changes you make should be because they make you more comfortable, because your treatment efficacy is great.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2016, 09:41 AM)EuroGuy Wrote: I'd try and get the leak rate down if I were you. Consider tightening the straps a bit, or change the pillow size.

My personal experience - for what it's worth - is that even small leaks can have quite a significant outcome on the number of flow limitations and events I have.

As far as I know I don't get much leakage, I looked back through the 20 days and it seems to stay pretty constant. The only thing I have noticed is when I inhale with the P10 there is so air leaking out of the exhale vents.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,653 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 898 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,285 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,073 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 4,059 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.