Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with data!!!
RE: Help with data!!!
The Sleepytime program will record the model and serial number but it will not download from the care
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jenni88
here is how to edit your profile
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Edit-profile

SleepyHead support PRS1 Auto 550 and you need to install a patch to works with PRS1 Auto 560 (the one with the heated hose option)
to find out which machine you have look at the label at the bottom of the machine but remove the water tank first to avoid any damage to the machine. here is the link for the software and the patch

SleepyHead Software Download Link (free, open-source software)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2013, 11:15 PM)Jenni88 Wrote: The Sleepytime program will record the model and serial number but it will not download from the care

It just dawned on me that I am unsure what machine you were using and what machine you are using now. In your profile you say Resmed S9 Autoset for her, but in your post you said REMStar Auto A-Flex.

Regardless, the cards used by those two machines can be interchanged, although, as I said before, putting the card from one machine into the other machine will cause the other machine to format it and erase the data from the previous machine. I guarantee you that they can be interchanged because I have done it and I know someone else who has done it. I am currently using a Resmed S9 Autoset and the card I use with it says "Philips Respironics" on it. Works fine, once the Resmed reformatted the Philips Respironics card.

If you do not have any data from the new machine it may be that the new machine did not actually mount the card, so it did not realize there was a card there. Try putting the card back into the machine and watch what the display says.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure you meant to say SleepyHead, not Sleepytime, as the name of the program. But hey, that's close enough for me. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
If your model is a something60, you'll need to install the patch. You can find it at the SleepyHead thread in the Private Files section.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

As for updating your profile, check here, specifically the second post in the thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...trol-Panel
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2013, 05:45 PM)roady666 Wrote: Summary data
Pressure Median 9.6 - 95th Percentile 11.0 - Max 12.0
leak Median 2.4 - 95th Percentile 25.2 - Max 46.8
AHI (events/hr 10.4 - Apnea index 1.6 - Hypopnea Index 8.8
Average use 7.5 hours per day

(01-25-2013, 05:57 PM)roady666 Wrote: I didn't attach the one night data correctly, try again!

The summary data in the body of the post is 6 months worth.

John

Hi John, welcome to Apnea Board!

Looking at the plot of your Events, none of your apneas occur for longer than 20 or 30 seconds, which I think is fairly good.

Looking at your Pressure waveform, I think many of your apnea events may be Clear Airway or central apneas, where the machine did not detect any sign of obstruction, so it did not raise the pressure.

Your S8 AutoSet Spirit II is very much like the S8 AutoSet AMER which I used for three years, with datacard reader and ResScan software (both of which my doctor was considerate enough to sell me).

The machine does not report a breakdown of how many Events were obstructive apnea events (caused by blocked or collapsed airway) versus how many were Clear Airway or Central Apnea events, but if an apnea occurs and the machine is unable to detect signs of obstruction, it does not raise the pressure. (The machine is not trying to breathe for you; it is merely trying to keep your airway open so you can breath for yourself, and if it raises the pressure when you are having central apneas it would likely make things worse.)

It is a little hard to be sure because the time scale shows the entire night (to be sure, you would need to zoom in, to look at the 5 or 10 minute period surrounding each of your apneas), but it looks to me like, in the case of about half of your apneas the machine did not raise the pressure. Hence, I suspect many of your apnea events may be Central Apneas.

I wonder whether many of your hypopneas may also be occurring when your airway is clear, perhaps in episodes of Periodic Breathing, for example. However, the S8 series machines do not report airflow waveforms, which are needed to see whether something like Periodic Breathing is happening.

By the way, here are recommendations of what to look for in a fully data-capable machine:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Any chance you could ask to be loaned by your health care provider a fully data-capable ResScan or Respironics AutoPAP machine for a week or two, so your doctor (and you) will be able see just how effective APAP therapy is for you?

I think it is possible that a higher class of machine, an Adaptive Servo Ventilation (ASV) machine, may be better able to treat your sleep problems in the long term. But in the meantime, perhaps you could also focus on improving your mask fit for greater comfort and elimination of leaks, and could google "sleep hygiene" for more ideas.

I hope your health care providers will be responsive toward getting any remaining sleep problems identified and treated.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,072 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 4,059 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.