Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with data Too many ca's
Help with data Too many ca's
I recently raised my min pressure from 8 to 10 with EPR of 2.  Seem to get too many events especially clear airways.  sometimes ca's are seen gathered together.  
Can someone give me advice.  I am using a cervical collar and recently changed to the standard apap mode.  
Do I need to give it more time since I was on the for her mode?
Also flow limitations are too high.
Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/fmQwTmO.png
https://i.imgur.com/pMtZFAC.png
https://i.imgur.com/B6rYOjq.png
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with data Too many ca's
Try reducing your EPR to 1. That should help.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, will do happy thanksgiving to you as well!!Do you know why they seem to be grouped together.  Also one of the obstructive apneas lasted over 40 seconds.  I understand that cpap reacts to this after the event but is there a way to reduce length of the apneas?  Also probably a dumb question but why doesn't cpap actually respond to the events when they are happening by increasing the pressure rather than responding after the events take place?  Always wondered about this. 
Thanks again as always.
Post Reply Post Reply
The main reason the pressure reacts after the fact is to avoid using a pressure higher than necessary. It takes less pressure to prevent an apnea than it does to open one. The idea is to raise the pressure to the point where apneas stop forming. It's also why pressure rises during flow limitations. It's trying to prevent an apnea from forming.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you think it makes sense to do a trial with straight cpap?  If so what pressure would you recommend ? With epr?
Why do some people do better with cpap compared to apap?  It seems that why have it on high pressure all night that you really might not need?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would try the reduction in EPR first. Straight CPAP is favored by those who are sensitive to pressure changes. If you feel you can't sleep due to the pressure changes than go ahead and try it. You'd want to set your pressure up around your 95% pressure if you do that.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Walla Walla,but I think I will take your advice and reduce epr to1 and then post my screenshot.  
I am never aware of the pressure changes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,688 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 923 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 815 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,332 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,095 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 4,077 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.