Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with data import into Sleepyhead
Help with data import into Sleepyhead
Can anyone offer any suggestions in regard to my problem importing data into Sleepyhead?

My problem is this.... I have not downloaded any data into Sleepyhead since July of 2013. Tonight I took our the SD card and when I finished importing the data I discovered that there was a bout a 3 month gap in the import. I deleted all the Sleepyhead files created in the import. I then verified that my SD card had data on the card, copied the data off my SD card to my hard drive and then tried importing a second time but once the download was completed, I once again noted the same gap.

Note that I also have ResScan on my PC and ResScan correctly imported the data off of the SD card and everything from that software's perspective is just fine.

So, does anyone know how to remedy the problem so I can have a complete history of my results?

RE: Help with data import into Sleepyhead
What version of SleepyHead do you have (Help > About)? Also what version of Windows is it running on?
If not mistaken, SD stores 30 days of detailed data and up to 365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics). Resscan gives you whatever data found on the card. SleepyHead need all the data including detailed data otherwise would show no data for the days in which detailed data not available

(01-21-2014, 01:59 AM)zonk Wrote: If not mistaken, SD stores 30 days of detailed data and up to 365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics). Resscan gives you whatever data found on the card. SleepyHead need all the data including detailed data otherwise would show no data for the days in which detailed data not available

Well, I received a blank SD card in July of 2013 and Sleepyhead was able to import all of the data from that point up to sometime in October. Sometime in October Sleepyhead isn't reporting any data and then sometime around the first of the year it imports good data again. So what I have is a gap in data not a lapse of data being imported. When I look at my ResScan data I can go to an individual day and bring up all data in that gap period.
Okay, but here's the thing.

If you have not downloaded anything for the past 6 months, you will only have viewable data in SleepyHead for the past 30 days. SleepyHead does not see days that contain only hours used. You'll just see the bouncing "no data" box for those days.

ResScan will see the days that have only hours used.

The machine will automatically clean out some data every 7th day. It will clean out nearly all data after 30 days, with only the hours used remaining for 365 days.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

To test this again (I have done it before but wanted to refresh my memory), I made a new profile in SH.

I took my card that has 365 days of data on it and imported that into the new profile.

I only have data from Jan 20 to Dec 22.

Going back from Jan 20, I lose the Flow Rate and the rest of the data loses some detail on Jan 13. This would be 7 days.

I installed ResScan on this computer so I could look to see what it saw. I was surprised to see that while it did not have any detailed graphs beyond the 7 days, it did have AHI, leak, and pressure in the summary. It must keep it in a format or code the SH cannot decipher.
PaulaO

(01-21-2014, 12:58 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Okay, but here's the thing.

If you have not downloaded anything for the past 6 months, you will only have viewable data in SleepyHead for the past 30 days. SleepyHead does not see days that contain only hours used. You'll just see the bouncing "no data" box for those days.

ResScan will see the days that have only hours used.

The machine will automatically clean out some data every 7th day. It will clean out nearly all data after 30 days, with only the hours used remaining for 365 days.

Paula,

Thanks for the reply and for the tests. I mainly concentrate on the summary pages since my CPAP therapy is statistically quite good. I went back into ResScan after your last reply and looked and sure enough, I had summary data for the whole 6 months but when I went back a few months and tried to look at the detailed graphs for a specific day, ResScan said that there was no data available to display. However if I looked at data more recent I could see the detailed graphs. I always assumed that once a day's worth of data was written to the SD card it never changed. Your testing has made me now wonder if when I periodically download data and I'm prompted to overwrite days of data that I have previously downloaded whether the answer should be NO instead of yes. I'm concerned that if I have previously downloaded days with detailed data and then I overwrite the data for that day, whether I would loose detail if the machine changed the data on the card. Any thoughts on this?
Yes, always say "discard" or it will overwrite it and you will lose the data.

This is ResMed's biggest flaw. Not keeping data around but for 30 days? And losing flow rate after 7? Stupid.

Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

To download the SleepyHead software, go here:
http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/
PaulaO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slept past noon- Oscar did not import data coolbranch 5 522 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Equipment] OSCAR and ResMed oximeter data import Filbert 2 779 08-01-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Best O2 monitor to import into OSCAR? arborgent 9 1,858 01-23-2023, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 725 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  How do I import data into OSCAR? trinity2 6 1,894 11-21-2022, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.