Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with interpreting data
Help with interpreting data
OK - still fighting to get my AHI number down and me some good sleep. I am several weeks into the CPAP and I just not feeling any difference - and my AHI is still high, below are some of my graphs - hopefully someone can give me some ideas as to what to try to get things better.

Scott

[Image: ScreenShot003-1.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot002-1.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot001-2.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with interpretting data
w7sot: I changed the subject title so that others know exactly what you need. There are some who are great at those graph thingies.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help
You need to work on leaks. A ResMed machine can compensate for leaks up to 24, but your leaks are regularly going as high as 40. You can disregard occasional spikes. I resolved my own leak problem recently by switching to a different-sized headgear since my mask was shifting all over my face (but your leaks may be caused by something else).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with interpreting data
As big_dave pointed out you've got a leak problem but not a major one and keep in mind your machine can not tell if you,re awake or sleep it just flag events as it see them even if yo,re awake (those awake events ought to be discarded for true AHI bc sleep apnea has to happen while you,re sleeping to be counted)
The other important issue is that there is a gap nearly 3 hours during the therapy, whats happening? cannot go back to sleep, taking the mask off or sleeping without the mask...those issues have to be addressed as sleep fragmentation can compromise the therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a PDF printer, you can print Daily Reports to a PDF and post them here. They're easy to read than the screen shots you're posting.

I agree that your AHI is too high. I also agree with the others that your leaks are too high. And it looks like you're sleeping for several hours without the mask?

You should discuss these issues with your doctor, and talk to your DME about getting a different mask, or getting your mask adjusted to cut down on the leaks.

I'm sorry you're not getting any benefit yet. Just remember that for a lot of us it takes time. I had lots of problems adjusting to CPAP therapy, but I stuck with it because I knew it wouldn't work if I slept without the mask.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
W7SOT, I agree with others' comments on your sample graphs. I note that your periods of high AHI are in line with the time periods when your leaks are too high. Based on my experience, when the leaks are brought down, your AHI will also drop.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 187 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Need help interpreting the data Hopey 2 106 04-12-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Hopey
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 144 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 195 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 637 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 198 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 157 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.