Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with last nights data please!
Help with last nights data please!
First post, be gentle.

So last night was the first night I was able to keep my mask on until I woke up in the morning. Something was confusing to me though, on my machine, AirSense 10 AutoSet, I had a happy face next to leak, which to me means everything should be gravy, but after loading the data into sleepyhead it said I had periods of significant leakage. Any help interpreting would be awesome!

Code:
tinypic.com/r/t6ay54/9

Would have embedded but do not have 8 posts yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with last nights data please!
You have to leak a lot more than that to make it frown. You do want to work on those leaks but overall you seem to be doing well!

Oh, and
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2016, 05:17 PM)chill Wrote: You have to leak a lot more than that to make it frown. You do want to work on those leaks but overall you seem to be doing well!

Oh, and
Welcome

Thanks chill!

I really appreciate the quick feedback!

Post Reply Post Reply
IIRC you have to be in large leak for 30%+ to not have it smile. These smiles are not to give medical feedback, but for encouragement to keep using the machine.

Do you have a leak "problem"? No. Could it be better? Yep. Are you getting good treatment? AHI is great, leaks are manageable, how are you feeling?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2016, 05:29 PM)PoolQ Wrote: IIRC you have to be in large leak for 30%+ to not have it smile. These smiles are not to give medical feedback, but for encouragement to keep using the machine.

Do you have a leak "problem"? No. Could it be better? Yep. Are you getting good treatment? AHI is great, leaks are manageable, how are you feeling?

Well.. this is my second try and CPAP therapy. I was diagnosed years ago and just never could get used to wearing the machine, but now I can REALLY start to feel my poor quality of sleep affecting my life. I had an untreated AHI of 81 at my sleep study, from what I have gathered and what the tech told me that's quite severe. And now to finally answer the question of how I feel... I felt OK this morning, I was able to wake up moderately easier for work and I did notice myself feeling slightly better during the day. I just want to get this therapy ingrained into my life so I can start feeling better again.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

(and we are always gentle here... Wink )
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2016, 05:40 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Welcome

(and we are always gentle here... Wink )

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I just want to get this therapy ingrained into my life so I can start feeling better again.

I wish I would have started cpap years ago. I think the delay has done a lot of harm. It is my fault and my life. I have improved my comfort level a lot with cpap. Thanks to this community of help I have enjoyed some nice days.

I would suggest that you read as much as you can to get the most out of your cpap equipment.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nzbnate,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck on your second time around with your CPAP therapy. It sounds like you are doing well with it, so keep up the good work.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
You seem to have a positive attitude about it now. In my opinion, that is the most critical thing for success. We may not like it, but the condition we have is serious. It is real and it is bad for our health. I don't think any of us exactly love sleep with a medical device strapped to our face, but we can become comfortable with it.

I've only been at it a few months, but it has already become ingrained. Last night I took off my mask to cuddle my wife in the morning as I was planning on getting out of bed in a few minutes. She said, "Wear your mask if you are going to sleep again!" Yes, I think we have it ingrained now, she even nags me about it! Grin This is a big difference from the early days when she questioned why I had to wear it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 453 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 583 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 454 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] First 2 Nights of CPAP (help?) jp0808 1 374 11-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.