Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with my OSCAR data and a horrible first night.
Help with my OSCAR data and a horrible first night.
First night, laid awake for 15 minutes thinking this feels bizarre but ok. Dozed off and I think immediately or seconds later woke up absolutely freaking out that I was suffocating. Ripped the mask off and there was no question I wasn’t gonna put it back on for the night. 

Someone on Reddit said I didn’t have enough pressure and was breathing in my own C02? Sounds wrong but I don’t know. 

Are you guys able to tell anything based off this data? I’d like to try again tonight but am honestly scared. It was that traumatic.

Thanks so much for the help.

(You have to cut and paste the link and remove the space before the .jpg and after the // because I couldn’t link or post images as a new member. The photo attachment thing didn’t work on my iPhone. This thread took 45 minutes to post probably lol)

https:// i.ibb.co/xs2wYcv/1-AFC8352-B29-E-4-D9-C-8-FDD-1-D04-EF7-AE69-B .jpg

https:// i.ibb.co/Kbx3TzW/E5459-BBF-D81-D-4336-B179-92-EAABC5-DA35 .jpg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with my OSCAR data and a horrible first night.
Your charts aren't very helpful but your are at 6.0 to 20.0 pressure with EPR at 3. Turn off the EPR . All of your events were central apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Such a change is enough for me mentally to think it’s different enough to give it another shot.

I appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2021, 11:10 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your charts aren't very helpful but your are at 6.0 to 20.0 pressure with EPR at 3.  Turn off the EPR .  All of your events were central apnea.

That was 100% it. I’m wearing the mask now and I’m not having any trouble breathing. I was having difficulty breathing last night before falling asleep but thought it was just me not being used to the CPAP but whatever the EPR does with trying to offset exhaling was causing the problem.

I’m excited to hopefully sleep through the night and see how things are in the morning but one problem I’ve discovered is I seem to want to swallow a lot wearing this but when I do my ears pop. Upon reading why I learned full face masks can cause problems for people with GERD of which I have. Nasal pillow may be in my near future!

Thanks so much for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 54 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 70 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 148 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 175 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.