Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with nasal cannula.
Help with nasal cannula.
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about six years ago.  When I picked up my machine at Lincare the technician had me try on a mask.  She said that it looked like it fit and then handed me the machine.  She spent about five minutes going over basic functions and then said "good luck" and out of the door I went.  I tried using it for about six months.  I adjusted the mask ever way possible, but my sleep got progressively worse.  About six months in I went to my doctor for another issue.  I just happen to tell him the trouble I was having with my machine.  He asked if I breathe through my mouth or my nose when I sleep.  When I said I breathe through my nose he said to use a nasal cannula.  I purchased one and two days later I threw up my hands and gave up.
    I started using nasal strips to get some relief and get better sleep.  That works to a certain extent.  It is now six years later and I want to give my machine another try.  Not for me, but for my wife.  I don't want her to deal with my snoring anymore.  Everything I have read says a nasal mask or cannula is the way to go if you breathe through your nose while sleeping.  It was complete misery for me because of air being pushed through my nose while I am trying to sleep.  I have looked for help, but got discouraged.  Any advice/help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with nasal cannula.
With the S10 you own you really should not “feel” air rushing in your nose. You need to get the machine dialed in with EPR set it is like normal breathing.

We need to know what you were diagnose with, how bad the apnea was and the type. You have all of that in your sleep study. And you have a legal right to have a copy.

Please post a copy without any personal information (blacked out).

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site that will help you.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Get OSCAR working as well so we can see the therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know of no nasal cannula CPAP masks, Oxygen delivery yes. Cannula's go inside the nares of your nose.

Nasal Pillow masks rest on the outside of the nares, if they go in the nares they are too small.

No more air should be going in than what you breath. Any more than that and you have a leak.

Post your charts and we will get you where you need to be.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 866 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Using Nasal Strips along with Nasal mask or pillows Bostonsnow 6 1,161 07-18-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal Dilators st1800e 9 1,398 06-19-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: st1800e
  UARS Proof - Resmed Airlink Nasal Cannula Apnea23 0 529 06-07-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Apnea23
  Nasal Congestion Rgn3 16 1,485 05-08-2023, 03:17 PM
Last Post: hopeforusall
  [Pressure] Nasal IrritTion? NannyRobina 2 617 06-20-2022, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.