Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with nippy 3
Help with nippy 3
Does anyone use a nippy 3 I have a few questions I need help with pls if anyone can help? 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with nippy 3
Please post your questions Okay

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I forgot that bit LOL 
My son and my husband both use a nippy 3 my sons is perfect, however my husbands keeps alarming low flow (there is no slider going up and down if you get what I mean?) it's doing everything's it should for him, he said on pressure support and the left side is moving up and down but the right side that is the flow eaten osnt moving at all. So it alarms all night I have to have the radio on so it drowns it out. 
DOnt know what to do, had new tubing new filters new mask - there must be something inside wrong, we bought it so can't go to hospital with it they only supply a cheap rubbish one that he hated (NHS) also it keeps coming up low memory but every night I clear all settings and re set everything to keep memory clear but it still alarms that too!!! Pls help!
Post Reply Post Reply
How close in settings are the two machines? Meaning, can they switch for a night or an hour? It would be interesting to see if the alarms continue despite the user. If it does, then it is the machine. if it does not, then it is the user.

Of course, this only applies if the settings are the same. I don't recommend mucking with a vent's settings unless they've shown you how to do so.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Smemmygirl,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck figuring out your machine problem and also with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I found an Instruction Manual at http://nippyventilator.com/wp-content/up...Manual.pdf -- in case you don't have that. There is some discussion of the alarms, and how to set their values. I haven't gotten far enough in it to find out about locking the settings (or unlocking...) nor about the memory problem you are having.

I hope this helps; this is the first I've heard of the Nippy line.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I forgot that bit LOL 
My son and my husband both use a nippy 3 my sons is perfect, however my husbands keeps alarming low flow (there is no slider going up and down if you get what I mean?) it's doing everything's it should for him, he said on pressure support and the left side is moving up and down but the right side that is the flow eaten osnt moving at all. So it alarms all night I have to have the radio on so it drowns it out. 
DOnt know what to do, had new tubing new filters new mask - there must be something inside wrong, we bought it so can't go to hospital with it they only supply a cheap rubbish one that he hated (NHS) also it keeps coming up low memory but every night I clear all settings and re set everything to keep memory clear but it still alarms that too!!! Pls help!
Post Reply Post Reply
As I understand it, the EU and UK have pretty good consumer protection laws. If your machine is not too old, you have a warrantee that the manufacturer must honour. Even if it is out of warrantee, the place where you bought it should be able to determine what is wrong, and the cost of repair. In my Googling, I saw a couple of used NIPPY3's available for about 150 euros, but I don't remember if these are old adverts. Not a recommendation, though.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.