Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with numbers
Help with numbers
Have been using my unit for about 5 months now and my AHI has ran around 5 or more, However the last week it has more than doubled with no changes, Would like someone to look at the charts and give some suggestions or help please?

[attachment=4611]

[attachment=4610]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with numbers
Welcome to the forum

Your events here are clustered and that suggests positional Apnea.
How did you sleep? Anything happen thru the night?  How do you feel?

A lot of users help there positional apnea with a loose fitting soft cervical collar to keep the chin from dropping.
From the Mask Primer
Cervical Collar. A "soft" Cervical Collar. This helps support and align the neck and keeps the jaw/mouth from dropping. This is becoming a very popular option. Rarely used prior to mid 2016. Users are posting a high success rate with this device. When OA tends to occur in clusters at different times of night. It's an indication that an obstruction may have occurred when the chin tucks towards the chest. It's common, and the solution is either an ergonomic pillow or soft cervical collar that prevents the neck and head from being out of alignment and cutting off the airway, but they can be comfortable, prevent leaks and prevent an airway from closing up due to tucking your chin to chest and other issues.

• Fit: You are looking for a comfortable fit 2-inches larger than the circumference of your neck and just tall enough to support the jaw when your head falls out of alignment (measure your neck from collarbone to jaw and subtract 1".
It's a very small investment that has worked very well for some people. More pressure may solve the obstruction, or it might go away with positional therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have always been a side sleeper, Maybe from one side to the other once per night.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
More or less than before, I see 4 or 5 times you had clusters of events in your chart.  Your leaks which look like mask leaks also coincide with the clusters all of which say positional.

Can you try the C collar?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I certainly can, At this point I am ready to try anything! Do my pressures look to need adjusting?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi boatman00,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
In a word, yes, your numbers need to be adjusted.  Can you post an old chart, a good one with AHI around 5, which also says settings need to be adjusted.

I'd like to see the old chart to recommend the adjustment.  My thought is to 7 now looking at 8 min pressure.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Chart with 4.22 AHI

[attachment=4612]
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to turn on all your events. You can do this in the lower left of the chart.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, would you mind trying a range of 6-10 cmw.

6 give you a little boost on your Low night, and the 10 is to limit your highs.  I want to narrow your range and I think the highs are causing some trouble and 10 would contain the what you saw on your good nights.  PR machines respond slower than others so we really want to narrow your pressure range.  

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 420 Today, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 200 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 210 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 203 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 408 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 664 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,079 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.