Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with numbers
RE: Help with numbers
I agree with Fred. You don't have to increase pressure in one big bite, but I anticipate you will need a minimum pressure of 8 or 9 cm. You have always had relatively high hypopnea, and this was from too low minimum pressure on the Philips Dreamstation. You might get away with that on a Resmed Autoset, but you really need to give the Philips a head start.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the responses, will set minimum pressure around 8 and give it a try, if anyone has any more suggestions please let me know, Also seem to be having a problem finding how to turn all events on? Again thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully finally moving in the right direction after the suggestions to raise minimum pressure, I have attached the last 3 nights the first one is before pressure adjustments, Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

[attachment=4646]

[attachment=4647]

[attachment=4648]
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting better, but wouldn't stop me from encouraging a minimum pressure of 8.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chart from last night, raised fixed bottom pressure to 8 as suggested, Leak numbers are high, Higher Pressure?

[attachment=4654]
Post Reply Post Reply
Work on your leaks, I would bump the min to .4 or .5 cmw and try again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2018, 06:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I agree with Fred.  You don't have to increase pressure in one big bite, but I anticipate you will need a minimum pressure of 8 or 9 cm.  You have always had relatively high hypopnea, and this was from too low minimum pressure on the Philips Dreamstation.  You might get away with that on a Resmed Autoset, but you really need to give the Philips a head start.

Sticking with my original post, but I think we're moving closer to 9.0 as an effective pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2018, 07:31 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 06:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I agree with Fred.  You don't have to increase pressure in one big bite, but I anticipate you will need a minimum pressure of 8 or 9 cm.  You have always had relatively high hypopnea, and this was from too low minimum pressure on the Philips Dreamstation.  You might get away with that on a Resmed Autoset, but you really need to give the Philips a head start.

Sticking with my original post, but I think we're moving closer to 9.0 as an effective pressure.

I agree, I prefer small steps.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Heading in the right direction maybe? Thanks for the support!

[attachment=4657]
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely the right direction, and very acceptable results. I suspect you will end up with a minimum of 9.0 cm, which will put you in good company Wink

No rush, you can continue as-is a few night to see how results settle out at this setting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 121 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,021 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 512 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 539 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] AM97 Therapy Thread: Help me interpret OSCAR and get my numbers right am97 6 779 07-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.